• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

recommendation for good mechanic north east Indiana

KARSTEN

moved from Gulf Coast to Fort Wayne last year, had to store my bike, 2006 1200GS, for about a year. After bike came out of storage I noticed a leak from back of engine where tranny attaches. I replaced the synthetic gear oil with 80W90. Suspected some seal had dried out while bike was in storage, went for several rides, still leaking. The consensus is that the counterbalance seal is leaking. Splitting engine is way above what I am comfortable with. I Am new to this area and would appreciate if anyone has a recommendation for capable /reputable shop or mechanic in Northern Indiana or western Ohio . Thanks in advance.

BMW of Grand Rapids Michigan, BMW of Southeast Michigan or Tom Woods BMW in Indianapolis. I have had good service experience with the shop in Grand Rapids and have heard that the Southeast Mi. shop is reputable. Tom Woods in Indianapolis is new (as noted elsewhere on the Forum) so I don't know much about them. You might let us know who you go with and your experience with them. All the best.

Back