• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2009 R1200RT instrument panel not easy to read

WalterK75

I recently bought a 2009 R1200RT. I'm finding it difficult to read that part of the instrument panel section called the Status Indicator. This has displays for gear, gas level, engine temperature etc.

Unless the sun is coming from behind me the information in this (LCD) display is exceedingly difficult to read. I wear a helmet with a dark visor, but I'm not sure that is the problem.

Is there a solution to this problem?

I recently bought a 2009 R1200RT. I'm finding it difficult to read that part of the instrument panel section called the Status Indicator. This has displays for gear, gas level, engine temperature etc.

Unless the sun is coming from behind me the information in this (LCD) display is exceedingly difficult to read. I wear a helmet with a dark visor, but I'm not sure that is the problem.

Is there a solution to this problem?

In any given situation flip your dark shield up and see if you can see better without it in the way. If you detect a difference ditch the dark shield. That would be my approach.

Have a peek at the “Similar Threads” pane at the bottom of the page. Looks like your situation is rather common.
OM

Also try adjusting the brightness level. It's the small button underneath the display to the right, I think.

If your shield is polarized, tilting your head to the side may help.

same issue on my 13RT....i did brighten the display permanently by removing the clear cover and placing a dot of black electrical tape over the light sensor on the bottom of the speedo side...AND, i selected the brightest setting on the select-able button as mentioned above...

:thumb

Back