• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie to 1200 GS seeking advice

archeryman

To all you GS aficinados. I did try searching the forum on this, but either I don't know how or not much info.? Probably me? Need recommendations and or feedback on the following. Thanks in advance!! I have a 2017.5 R1200GS( not lowered ). I also tried googling these items and sends you down a endless rabbit hole. Don't the hype from the vendors, so asking you hands on folks.
#Din plug adapter for cell phone charging, iPod,etc.
#are Pivot Pegz a good choice?
#emergency one man/women bike lift?
Regards and thanks again!

I can give you my opinion on the pivot pegz. If you are planning to do off-road, I think they are worth it, although it will take some getting use to. If you are going to be doing pavement riding, then I would not recommend getting it.

I had Pivot Pegz on my old 1200GS. I found there is no learning curve to use them. I currently have a set on my Honda 500X, one of the first upgrades I made to that bike. The build quality is outstanding, and would recommend to a friend. YMMV.

It is not a DIN to USB adaptor, but I was at the BMW bealer last week and picked up a SAE to USB adaptor that fits the fuzed plug mounted (Zipped tied) to the frame under the seat. It is even marked BMW Motorrad (oooooh..)! Part # on the pack is 71602365298. You never know what you will see in the showrooms.

Back