• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Radar sound out into bike’s audio system?

AjaxTheDog

Is there any way to integrate the sound output from a radar detector (via earphone jack wire out) into the 1200RTW bike’s sound system? I use a Sena SM10 now to combine bike audio plus radar sound but was wondering if there is something cleaner that I have overlooked that would let me use the bike’s built in Bluetooth. I do have the BMW Nav VI installed. Thanks. I have a '17 RT.

One more thing - I use a Sena 20S EVO headset.

I just looked at the website for the Valentine 1 Gen 2 unit and it has both a headphone jack and a BlueTooth to cellphone connection. I would think the latter would also connect to the Sena, but maybe not?

I have the Valentine adapter, SENA SMsomething adapter, and the Marc Parnes visual alert. I can say every time, the visual alert is faster and clearer than the audio. I don't even hook the audio up anymore.

Why do people need radar detectors, If you drive the speed limit?:dunno

I find I behave better when I know I am being observed.

I was hoping to find an additional sound input to the bike's audio system. Maybe I can mix it into the GPS sound somehow.

My speedo is 5-mph optimistic (reads high) and police aren't going to bother you until 10-over ............. We're pretty safe from tickets and our egos get a boost.

Because of speed traps at the edge of small towns where they drop the speed limit from 65 or higher to 25 with no advance warning. And Benny is right there by the StopNRob to catch you slowed to only 35 or 40 when you reach the sign. Little towns in Missouri are famous for this type of horse apples. Ohio too I am told.

Last edited:
My speedo is 5-mph optimistic (reads high) and police aren't going to bother you until 10-over ............. We're pretty safe from tickets and our egos get a boost.

In much of Texas you may get stopped at 2 over and are likely to get some paper at 4 over. The deputies not so much but the State Troopers in west Texas can be ruthless.

In much of Texas you may get stopped at 2 over and are likely to get some paper at 4 over. The deputies not so much but the State Troopers in west Texas can be ruthless.

In my state and I suspect most others if you don't like the ticket and you got the time, just go to traffic court. If the trooper doesn't show, you might get the ticket waived. If he does show and the ticket stands, you pay fine and bask in the satisfaction that the state or municipality just paid the officer 2+ hours of OT (1 hr of OT with benefits equals $100~150 in most of the US) to chat with the JP/magistrate. So, you might have to pay $55 for a 10MPH-over ticket, but it'll cost them $200~300 (at a minimum) to get it. It just depends on how spitful you are and if you got the time to waste on a traffic court date.

Because of speed traps at the edge of small towns where they drop the speed limit from 65 or higher to 25 with no advance warning. And Benny is right there by the StopNRob to catch you slowed to only 35 when you reach the sign. Little towns in Missouri are famous for this type of horse apples. Ohio too I am told.

Apples Paul? I thought it was always carrots?:brow

Back