• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hi from sunny south Florida!

david_r_adv

After 5 years of renting various F and R GS bikes, I finally took the plunge. On Saturday, I bought a 2020 F 850 GS with the rally style and essential packages. The dream still doesn't feel real; I'm finding myself peeking into my garage just to look at it. I put on about 100 miles this weekend (weather didn't permit for much more), and can't wait for the rides ahead.

I'd love to chat with some locals and perhaps go on some group rides more exciting than cruising up and down A1A.

View attachment 79192

Attachments

• IMG-1553.jpg
    IMG-1553.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 41
RIDERR1150GSADV said:
Cool! I am south you in Weston. Nice bike btw!:burnout.

PMmikegalbicka said:
Welcome from the center of the state.

I'm sure both of you know the pain of just getting out of this state. Already planning some creative ways to liven up that bore.

Welcome

Welcome to the club, from sunny north Florida (actually really north Florida as in 9.3 miles north of the border in Alabama.

I'm sure both of you know the pain of just getting out of this state. Already planning some creative ways to liven up that bore.

Only took about 2 years to cover all the decent routes but the real pain is when you are coming back in. After being on the road for a few weeks you are ready to be home and hit the border and guess what - 4 to 6 more hours riding in the heat to get there. Of course it will be worse for you. While I don’t mind it I had to compromise with my wife who wanted to trailer and got a lift for our pickup instead. All good now. That ride is air conditioned and I don’t miss it at all. But if I did I just lower the bike and go and she drives the truck.

After 5 years of renting various F and R GS bikes, I finally took the plunge. On Saturday, I bought a 2020 F 850 GS with the rally style and essential packages. The dream still doesn't feel real; I'm finding myself peeking into my garage just to look at it. I put on about 100 miles this weekend (weather didn't permit for much more), and can't wait for the rides ahead.

I'd love to chat with some locals and perhaps go on some group rides more exciting than cruising up and down A1A.

View attachment 79192

Nice looking bike.

Only took about 2 years to cover all the decent routes but the real pain is when you are coming back in. After being on the road for a few weeks you are ready to be home and hit the border and guess what - 4 to 6 more hours riding in the heat to get there. Of course it will be worse for you. While I don’t mind it I had to compromise with my wife who wanted to trailer and got a lift for our pickup instead. All good now. That ride is air conditioned and I don’t miss it at all. But if I did I just lower the bike and go and she drives the truck.

You're further north of me making for a shorter ride in or out of the state...:D

Back