• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Cooling base layers

Do you have this as well?

https://motoskiveez.com/product/technical-riding-shirt/

I always wondered if the bike pads would be comfortable on a motorcycle. I ride bikes as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The padded underwear took a little bit to get used to. Like ya got a load in the pants feeling initially. 5 days and 4K miles later, never even noticed the padding there. BUT, they kept me in the saddle many long days with no discomfort. Worth the price to me, but I don't wear them unless I'm on an extended trip, onnce, maybe twice a year.

Heading up to Wyoming and SD a week from today, the heat out long sleeve, Motoskivez's, and their compression socks are set out on the spare bed along with the outer clothes I'll be heading out in.

I typically wear bicycle shorts under my pants for long days, I find it makes a huge difference for long day comfort. That being said I think my R1100S saddle is my most comfortable after 3 days out on it no bike shorts and I was totally good. Of course sitting on that is much different than sitting on my R65 or my KTM's.

I also typically wear Patagonia lightweight long underwear which is nice if it's cool out and doesn't get uncomfortable when it starts to warm up. It was 12ºC when I left last week and was at least 25ºC where I stopped for the night and I was totally good walking around with those thermals on under my Klim gear.

FWIW, I just ordered some new LD Comfort for me, and will for my sweetie shortly.

Unless there is some mechanism for heat transfer, there is no cooling. None.
You can have a phase change garment, or an evaporative garment. The only other option is one of those racecar driver's vests, that circulates cold water from a cooler.

If you've been wearing LD Comfort shorts, and expecting them to cool you, they can't. They will make your butt more comfortable and keep you from chafing, and keeps the skin from breaking down, since they will keep your skin dry. But, they won't cool, unless there is somewhere for heat to go... Evaporation of water is one somewhere.

My LD Comfort works better than my cooling vest, though I still do get warmer than I'd like when it's over 100. to be fair, where I live 80 degrees is hot... and I'm a wimp, when it comes to hot weather. I have ridden in 115 degree weather, and survived, though.

Back