• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Central Virginia Member!

I'd say come on up but the border is still closed for awhile. We're building a Moto B&B, actually we had planned to open this year but obviously that didn't happen. If you're bored you can check out our build thread here to see what we're about.
https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfoundland-two-wheel-inn-campground-under-construction.1234815/

Wow! Read through the blog and I'm impressed that you've managed to stay on track! As a general contractor (retired, thanks!) who specialized in bathrooms and kitchens, I shared your frustrations overt of square framing and jury rigged plumbing..but in context of a problem(s) to be solved, a good challenge!

A great idea and a super area to explore...I'll stick it on 'the list' for future destinations...and you're quite right - think I saw the border was closed until July21st?

Dave

What sort of old tractors are we talking about?

In this case, a '63 Deere 2010 diesel....not one of Deere's finest creations, but at the price I had to drag it home. Noisiest diesel I've ever heard but actually pretty sound. About the same time I found a guy up near Richmond parting out another so scored a bunch of parts for cheap.... old tractor parts can eclipse BMW parts at times! :laugh

That was about a year ago; probably time to make another trip....

Dave

In this case, a '63 Deere 2010 diesel....not one of Deere's finest creations, but at the price I had to drag it home. Noisiest diesel I've ever heard but actually pretty sound. About the same time I found a guy up near Richmond parting out another so scored a bunch of parts for cheap.... old tractor parts can eclipse BMW parts at times! :laugh

That was about a year ago; probably time to make another trip....

Dave

That’s some good old iron you have there. I dabble in their smaller machines (garden tractors), but of similar vintage. Deere has made some real nice machines over the years. We’re coming up on their 200th anniversary of founding soon - - they make BMW look like a new kid on the block!

Welcome to Virginia, Dave! We're just up the road a piece in Fredericksburg if you ever need a BMW dealer for parts, service, or anything else. And do get to Newfoundland -- it's simply amazing! I've been there five times so far, and plan to go again in 2021 once the borders are opened up.

Steve Anderson
Sales & Marketing Manager
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
www.mortonsbmw.com
steve@mortonsbmw.com

Thanks, Steve!

Turns out I have family a bit further up that way, so I'll make a point of dropping in! I'm sure I'll need service at some point ... seems to me inspections are required in Virginia, for which I presently have a need! If you offer the state inspection on a 'while you wait' basis, I'll see you sooner than later ! :)<))

Dave

Welcome to Virginia, Dave! We're just up the road a piece in Fredericksburg if you ever need a BMW dealer for parts, service, or anything else. And do get to Newfoundland -- it's simply amazing! I've been there five times so far, and plan to go again in 2021 once the borders are opened up.

Steve Anderson
Sales & Marketing Manager
Morton's BMW Motorcycles
Fredericksburg, Virginia
www.mortonsbmw.com
steve@mortonsbmw.com

Morton's does do state inspections on a while you wait basis, but they like you to call first. I think they want to make sure they are not having a crazy day when you show up.

Welcome to the nicest club around Dave. As you can see our members are more than willing to reach out and help in anyway they can. I look forward to meeting you at one of our rallies. Enjoy retirement and the great riding in your area.

That I'll do! It's about 1 1/2 hour ride through some very nice countryside..what better excuse!

:)<))

Morton's does do state inspections on a while you wait basis, but they like you to call first. I think they want to make sure they are not having a crazy day when you show up.

I'll take you up on the rally offer...sooner or later! Still a few irons in the fire...

Welcome to the nicest club around Dave. As you can see our members are more than willing to reach out and help in anyway they can. I look forward to meeting you at one of our rallies. Enjoy retirement and the great riding in your area.

Hey Dave

Just bought my first BMW and I'm down in Norfolk. I get up to Scottsville quite a bit (including last week) and you are spoiled for choice around there for sure when it comes to rides and support. I have done the ride from here to Labrador via Newfoundland and it is of course fantastic. Give me a shout if you wanna sit down over a map at James River Brewing in Scottsville!

Hey hey!!
I'm up for that...since my day job is now renovating / building for my one last client - my wife!- I'm available most anytime...jusy give me a heads up, and I'll but the first round!!
Spoiled I am...went on a 200 mile backroad tour with a 'Meetup' group here in Cville ( might be the last time I do a ride with a dozen riders..sheesh...); the upside is I saw 'a lot' of roads I might not have discovered otherwise - all with a 30 mile radius of Cville! Lovely, quiet ridable roads...

Just bought my first BMW and I'm down in Norfolk. I get up to Scottsville quite a bit (including last week) and you are spoiled for choice around there for sure when it comes to rides and support. I have done the ride from here to Labrador via Newfoundland and it is of course fantastic. Give me a shout if you wanna sit down over a map at James River Brewing in Scottsville!

Back