Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New Central Virginia Member!

Welcome aboard, we'll be passing your way this fall on our annual blue route trip to the NE, we'll wave.
    Dave Hutton '78 R100S (mfg 7/77)

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Are you actually in Esmont? I know where that is. You have some great riding in that area.
    Welll......insofar as the mail carrier is concerned, yes! Actually a bit west of the (very) small village of Esmont; Scottsville - 6 miles down the road on the James River - would serve as 'the big city'!

I see you're a bit south of Richmond; I've been up that way fetching old tractor parts - you have some nice backroads as well!

I've kinda drooled over the backroads here since the relocation - many not even worthy of a yellow stripe down the middle! And very few are a straight line from A to B; pretty much all terrain following and no road cuts..with lush greenery everywhere!

If only the rain would let up a bit...

Dave
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

Quote Originally Posted by kinterridge View Post
    Welcome aboard, we'll be passing your way this fall on our annual blue route trip to the NE, we'll wave.
    Thanks! Where's your start point? Fall should be lovely!!
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

I'd say come on up but the border is still closed for awhile. We're building a Moto B&B, actually we had planned to open this year but obviously that didn't happen. If you're bored you can check out our build thread here to see what we're about.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfo...ction.1234815/
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Quote Originally Posted by webguydave View Post

I see you're a bit south of Richmond; I've been up that way fetching old tractor parts...Dave
    What sort of old tractors are we talking about?

Thanks! Where's your start point? Fall should be lovely!!
    From SC up into various points of PA and points north looping back down to just south of Port St Joe, FL and back to SC.
    Dave Hutton '78 R100S (mfg 7/77)

Quote Originally Posted by skibum69 View Post
    I'd say come on up but the border is still closed for awhile. We're building a Moto B&B, actually we had planned to open this year but obviously that didn't happen. If you're bored you can check out our build thread here to see what we're about.
    https://advrider.com/f/threads/newfo...ction.1234815/
    Wow! Read through the blog and I'm impressed that you've managed to stay on track! As a general contractor (retired, thanks!) who specialized in bathrooms and kitchens, I shared your frustrations overt of square framing and jury rigged plumbing..but in context of a problem(s) to be solved, a good challenge!

A great idea and a super area to explore...I'll stick it on 'the list' for future destinations...and you're quite right - think I saw the border was closed until July21st?

Dave
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    What sort of old tractors are we talking about?
    In this case, a '63 Deere 2010 diesel....not one of Deere's finest creations, but at the price I had to drag it home. Noisiest diesel I've ever heard but actually pretty sound. About the same time I found a guy up near Richmond parting out another so scored a bunch of parts for cheap.... old tractor parts can eclipse BMW parts at times!

That was about a year ago; probably time to make another trip....

Dave
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

In this case, a '63 Deere 2010 diesel....not one of Deere's finest creations, but at the price I had to drag it home. Noisiest diesel I've ever heard but actually pretty sound. About the same time I found a guy up near Richmond parting out another so scored a bunch of parts for cheap.... old tractor parts can eclipse BMW parts at times!

That was about a year ago; probably time to make another trip....

Dave
    That’s some good old iron you have there. I dabble in their smaller machines (garden tractors), but of similar vintage. Deere has made some real nice machines over the years. We’re coming up on their 200th anniversary of founding soon - - they make BMW look like a new kid on the block!

Welcome to Virginia, Dave! We're just up the road a piece in Fredericksburg if you ever need a BMW dealer for parts, service, or anything else. And do get to Newfoundland -- it's simply amazing! I've been there five times so far, and plan to go again in 2021 once the borders are opened up.

Steve Anderson
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Morton's BMW Motorcycles
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    www.mortonsbmw.com
    steve@mortonsbmw.com

Thanks, Steve!

Turns out I have family a bit further up that way, so I'll make a point of dropping in! I'm sure I'll need service at some point ... seems to me inspections are required in Virginia, for which I presently have a need! If you offer the state inspection on a 'while you wait' basis, I'll see you sooner than later ! (:<))

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by stevebmw View Post
    Welcome to Virginia, Dave! We're just up the road a piece in Fredericksburg if you ever need a BMW dealer for parts, service, or anything else. And do get to Newfoundland -- it's simply amazing! I've been there five times so far, and plan to go again in 2021 once the borders are opened up.

Steve Anderson
    Sales & Marketing Manager
    Morton's BMW Motorcycles
    Fredericksburg, Virginia
    www.mortonsbmw.com
    steve@mortonsbmw.com
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P

Morton's does do state inspections on a while you wait basis, but they like you to call first. I think they want to make sure they are not having a crazy day when you show up.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

Welcome to the nicest club around Dave. As you can see our members are more than willing to reach out and help in anyway they can. I look forward to meeting you at one of our rallies. Enjoy retirement and the great riding in your area.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President

Welcome!!

That I'll do! It's about 1 1/2 hour ride through some very nice countryside..what better excuse!

(:<))

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Morton's does do state inspections on a while you wait basis, but they like you to call first. I think they want to make sure they are not having a crazy day when you show up.
    Dave Johnson
    Esmont. VA.
    2004 BMW R1150RT-P