• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K 1600 gtl seat

marv-lou

Anyone change out your stock seat for an aftermarket seat ? If so, what brand / style seems to be the best. Looking for more comfort for long trips.

I started out with a GTL saddle on my GT, that wasn't any good so went with a Sergeant which wasn't much better. Finally went with a RDL several years ago and was like a new bike. I can honestly say that riding is a new level of enjoyment, 12 hours in the saddle is easy and I don't have problems with sciatica or back spasms.
I'm a huge supporter of the RDL seats.

I started out with a GTL saddle on my GT, that wasn't any good so went with a Sergeant which wasn't much better. Finally went with a RDL several years ago and was like a new bike. I can honestly say that riding is a new level of enjoyment, 12 hours in the saddle is easy and I don't have problems with sciatica or back spasms.
I'm a huge supporter of the RDL seats.

Thanks. Is this seat much higher than stock ? I’m rather short. My only issue, looking at their website, is that they build off my current seat pan. Sending it now would put me out of a ride for that time. What was their turn around time .

Thanks. Is this seat much higher than stock ? I’m rather short. My only issue, looking at their website, is that they build off my current seat pan. Sending it now would put me out of a ride for that time. What was their turn around time .

They build them custom for you, your weight and height. You can always find a stock seat to use while you send yours out, buy one from either the dealer or find on on k1600forum or one of the online k16 groups. If you were close to me, I'd let you use my stock seat while you had your RDL made.
Mine took 2 weeks turn around, not sure what current times are but a simple phone call to them could give specifics.

Russell, Russell, Russell

Just picked up one used on the website. The Russell is night and day more comfortable.

Back