Thread: K 1600 gtl seat

K 1600 gtl seat

Anyone change out your stock seat for an aftermarket seat ? If so, what brand / style seems to be the best. Looking for more comfort for long trips.

The consensus seems to be the Russel Day-Long saddles.

Joe
    ďFate whispers to the warrior, 'You cannot withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back, 'I am the storm.'

I started out with a GTL saddle on my GT, that wasn't any good so went with a Sergeant which wasn't much better. Finally went with a RDL several years ago and was like a new bike. I can honestly say that riding is a new level of enjoyment, 12 hours in the saddle is easy and I don't have problems with sciatica or back spasms.
    I'm a huge supporter of the RDL seats.
    Jon
    K1600GT & R1200GSA
    BMW MOA #220293

Quote Originally Posted by jonnybow View Post
    I started out with a GTL saddle on my GT, that wasn't any good so went with a Sergeant which wasn't much better. Finally went with a RDL several years ago and was like a new bike. I can honestly say that riding is a new level of enjoyment, 12 hours in the saddle is easy and I don't have problems with sciatica or back spasms.
    I'm a huge supporter of the RDL seats.
    Thanks. Is this seat much higher than stock ? Iím rather short. My only issue, looking at their website, is that they build off my current seat pan. Sending it now would put me out of a ride for that time. What was their turn around time .

Quote Originally Posted by marv-lou View Post
    Thanks. Is this seat much higher than stock ? Iím rather short. My only issue, looking at their website, is that they build off my current seat pan. Sending it now would put me out of a ride for that time. What was their turn around time .
    They build them custom for you, your weight and height. You can always find a stock seat to use while you send yours out, buy one from either the dealer or find on on k1600forum or one of the online k16 groups. If you were close to me, I'd let you use my stock seat while you had your RDL made.
    Mine took 2 weeks turn around, not sure what current times are but a simple phone call to them could give specifics.
    Jon
    K1600GT & R1200GSA
    BMW MOA #220293

Russell, Russell, Russell

Just picked up one used on the website. The Russell is night and day more comfortable.