• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K100RS/EML GT2 totaled

hhshort

Recently my 1985 K100rs /Eml GT2 was totaled. We are recovering but it sure has ruined our summer. Here is the insurance problem. I am searching for comparables that are for sale or have been sold lately. I have only one from Bob's BMW. There was one in the market place some months back. It was by a man in California. It was a package deal of a 1985 k100 EML rig, A camper and a load of spares. Can any one remember the price. Or better does yet any one have contact information on the man and rig. Insurance adjusters have no idea of the value of rare 35 year old rig. Thanks for any response that mighr be helpful to my recovery.

So sorry to hear about your hack being totaled. Hopefully no serious injuries to you or your pax. I've also got an '85 K100RS w/eml sport. I know a friend had an'85 K100RT w/eml sport, for sale a season or two ago. If you want his contact info I can PM you with it. He lives near San Diego. Also, Ozzie's BMW (Chico, CA), sold one in the last year or two. Also an '85 K100RT w/eml sport. You may want to give them a call. Not sure who you're insured with but I've been with Haggerty since I bought my hack, in fact all but one of my BMWs are insured with them. I wish you well how ever this sorts out. Ride easy.
gp

Hey there,
Was just in touch with an individual from MN, who sold a K100RS hack earlier this year. I'm pretty sure it was an eml or ezs rig. Really nice and sorted out rig. Attached is his response:

Hi Gary
I asked 12,500 and took 10,500 for it, I'd ask Eurowing in FL or EML how much for a 2 place sidecar and hardware,forks wheels etc and what would a clean K100 sell for ? It would be hard to replace for 12.5. Good Luck DB

We Will Recover. We have multiple bruises. Wife has a broken nose and I have a broken arm at the wrist and lumbar back pain. We are in therapy. It will be the other parties insurance. They made a left turn in front of us. I had less then 2 seconds, but was,locked up when I tee boned them.

Thanks for the info on Ozzie's. I will call them on Monday.

Checked Ozzie's website they were open this morning. Called, Talked with Jessie. got very good information.

yes If it is the guy that was selling the whole out fit. Rig camper and spares. I would like to know what he valued the rig. I have visited with him at rallies years ago and he was very helpful on maintenance of the rig.

Thanks to Gary I have an email out to Jim Thanks To Mike. There was not a comparable on the list but I sure wish I had known about that forum while I still had a sidecar.

Back