• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New to the group

rcb78

Hi all, I'm new to the MOA group. Sold my 800GS a few months back and recently took delivery of a new F900XR I ordered at the beginning of the year. No questions yet but since it shares the same platform as the 750/850 bikes I figured I'd check in on this board.

Welcome to the forum!
Still on my F800GS :burnout
It will be good to hear how you like the new bike.
Gary

Welcome to the forum. I wasn't aware of this new model until you mentioned it, how's it treating you? Post some photos when you get a chance.

I've got about 250 miles on it since I picked it up a week ago and it's been exactly what I wanted out of my next/newest bike. It's got the comfort of a GS, but with the engine and handling of a street/sport bike. For those familiar with the model, it's BMWs answer to the Tracer 900 GT Pro, but with much better tech on board. Considering I rarely ever took my GS off road, I think this was the perfect choice for me. I'm still sorting the add-ons so the picture is already dated. I picked up the engine protection bars and will mount my Aux lights to them. I went with Weiser 2 in 1 indicators front and rear, an Innovv dash cam recorder since I commute in Bay Area traffic on it, all handled with an ezCAN controller. I also picked up a color matched hard top case and the soft side cases for when I need to carry stuff around.

Attachments

• 20200605_182346.jpg
    20200605_182346.jpg
    841.4 KB · Views: 46
  • F900XR.jpg
    F900XR.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 46
How would you describe the (any) vibrations between your 900 engine and previous 800? I believe the 850 is much more comfortable at higher speeds than the 800 was. The newer engine design seems to have focused on improving that characteristic.

The side cases are the factory soft case option for the bike and the top case is also the factory option. They are pricy of course, but the fitment is very clean and it's nice to have matching keys all the way through.
Engine vibes are much improved over the 800, but there's more to it than that. The engines are night and day different in character. The 900 is like an SV650 i used to have, but with a good bump in power. The 270d/90d firing order transforms the power delivery and the two balance shafts are doing their thing nicely.

Back