• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MOA April Edition Article of BMW Friendly take over of Harley Davidson

It appears the OP has elected to no longer participate in his thread. I suspect he is displeased with the response, but I hope he gives participating in the forum another chance.

A lot of people, especially in this age group, don’t like being made fun of. Especially true when they are not used to the rhythm of the group.
OM

A lot of people, especially in this age group, don’t like being made fun of. Especially true when they are not used to the rhythm of the group.
OM

He, by accident, made a fool of himself. I and others have done the same thing but only after some folks knew us and could laugh with us, and certainly not on our first post. One can read between the lines as to his HD loyalty, but the lines might be blurry. I hope he stays, or comes back.

If there was a give away in the column, it would have been the reference to "...BMW board member Wolfgang Schnitzelhagendaz..." :ha

As for lawsuits, if the market believed the story, Harley stock would rally.

If there was a give away in the column, it would have been the reference to "...BMW board member Wolfgang Schnitzelhagendaz..." :ha

Better be careful.....! I know Wolfgang and those Schnitzelhagendaz folks will sue you at the drop of the Lederhosen.

As is, they got booted from the S&P 500 ...........

A decade or more ago The Star, the magazine of the Mercedes Club of USA published an April Fool's article describing the new Mercedes motorcycle about to be produced. It was a technical marvel. I might have been temporarily taken in.

OM

Yep...as they (whoever they are) say...Don't Bleed Around Sharks". :laugh

I have been on various internet groups for years, way back when Usenet was the only way to communicate as a group. One thing I have learned is you need to have thick skin to survive on most groups.

Years ago I joined one group. Right off they started giving be crap about something. I stood my ground and politely argued my point with information from the internet. One day one of the members of the group pops in and says, "Guys, he is ok, we can let stay around!" It was nothing more than an initiation. If I had tuck tail and ran I would have missed out on a great bunch of people. I have met many of them in person.

He, by accident, made a fool of himself.

It could have been worse.

In 1992 NPR had Rich Little do an impersonation of Richard Nixon on April 1st embedded into the other real broadcasts. He said something like that he had checked into the law and he could run again for President because he had not finished his second term due to some misunderstandings. Additionally, he said something like "I didn't do anything wrong and I won't do it again". People called into the network with their hair on fire and NPR played several of the phone calls the following day. Doesn't get much worse than letting the world know you got taken in by having your phone call broadcast to the world.

Wayne Koppa
Grayling, MI
#71,449

Back