Thread: R1200RT / R1250RT Adjustable gear lever anyone?

R1200RT / R1250RT Adjustable gear lever anyone?

Hello all,

I hope This will be a very short thread. I have an R1250RT, and Iím looking for someone or some company who makes an adjustable gear lever. I am okíish with the gear lever length. It is the rubber covered rod/pin that you push down on ( or tuck your boot under to pull up), that I need about 3/4 - 1 inch longer. My left foot points outwards slightly and changing gear is becoming a chore. I donít think euro size 47 (us 12) is that big.

I can find all the adjustability for the GS / GSA models you could ever want , but absolutely nothing for the RT. What
    Short of talking to a machine shop , are there any options I have overlooked?

Kevin

Shifter

Iliumworks have what you need. I have the same problem and their part solved the issue. They come in silver or black.

Quote Originally Posted by r1200rst View Post
    Iliumworks have what you need. I have the same problem and their part solved the issue. They come in silver or black.
    Worked for me, too. 12EE boot. Super simple, push the thing on. < 1 minute installation time, solves the problem nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by r1200rst View Post
    The part number for silver is 10-300 and for black itís 10-300BL, it slips over the rubber portion therefore adding length
    and width. I had it on my R1200ST and then have moved it to several GSís.

I bought the Illiumworks 10-300 piece for my RT. The press-on fit didn't work really well for me as I lost it on a trip. I bought another one, and a friend drilled a hole and tapped a set-screw into the piece. After that it never fell off. Here's a photo of the final result after about 15,000 miles of riding without another loss:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.36.43 PM.png

I sent Illiumworks some photos and a description about how they could improve their product. I never received a reply.
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo/via Walt Kelly

Ordered!

Thank you all so very much!

Canít wait for the part to arrive.

That was a lot less than I had budgeted for. I will redistribute resource for LED headlights!🤗

Quote Originally Posted by ExGMan View Post
    I bought the Illiumworks 10-300 piece for my RT. The press-on fit didn't work really well for me as I lost it on a trip. I bought another one, and a friend drilled a hole and tapped a set-screw into the piece. After that it never fell off. Here's a photo of the final result after about 15,000 miles of riding without another loss:

I sent Illiumworks some photos and a description about how they could improve their product. I never received a reply.
    According to their website, it won't fall off! You must have done something wrong!
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Based on Johnís iliumworks gear shifter; the many times I saw it in the flesh, I thought the set screw was OEM and they all came that way. Good thing I got narrow pointy toes, one less thing to buy. Iím happy to see another member steered in the right direction by the experience of our many members.
    R. Reece Mullins Ebony R1200RT (Gretchen)
    MOA # 143779
    MOA Charter Club #5 #364 #100
    BMW MOA Vice President