• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200RT / R1250RT Adjustable gear lever anyone?

hive1969

Hello all,

I hope This will be a very short thread. I have an R1250RT, and I’m looking for someone or some company who makes an adjustable gear lever. I am ok’ish with the gear lever length. It is the rubber covered rod/pin that you push down on ( or tuck your boot under to pull up), that I need about 3/4 - 1 inch longer. My left foot points outwards slightly and changing gear is becoming a chore. I don’t think euro size 47 (us 12) is that big.

I can find all the adjustability for the GS / GSA models you could ever want , but absolutely nothing for the RT. What
Short of talking to a machine shop , are there any options I have overlooked?

Kevin

Shifter

Iliumworks have what you need. I have the same problem and their part solved the issue. They come in silver or black.

Iliumworks have what you need. I have the same problem and their part solved the issue. They come in silver or black.
Worked for me, too. 12EE boot. Super simple, push the thing on. < 1 minute installation time, solves the problem nicely.

The part number for silver is 10-300 and for black it’s 10-300BL, it slips over the rubber portion therefore adding length
and width. I had it on my R1200ST and then have moved it to several GS’s.

I bought the Illiumworks 10-300 piece for my RT. The press-on fit didn't work really well for me as I lost it on a trip. I bought another one, and a friend drilled a hole and tapped a set-screw into the piece. After that it never fell off. Here's a photo of the final result after about 15,000 miles of riding without another loss:

Screen Shot 2020-06-06 at 8.36.43 PM.png

I sent Illiumworks some photos and a description about how they could improve their product. I never received a reply.

Ordered!

Thank you all so very much!

Can’t wait for the part to arrive.

That was a lot less than I had budgeted for. I will redistribute resource for LED headlights!🤗

I bought the Illiumworks 10-300 piece for my RT. The press-on fit didn't work really well for me as I lost it on a trip. I bought another one, and a friend drilled a hole and tapped a set-screw into the piece. After that it never fell off. Here's a photo of the final result after about 15,000 miles of riding without another loss:

I sent Illiumworks some photos and a description about how they could improve their product. I never received a reply.

According to their website, it won't fall off! You must have done something wrong!:nyah

Based on John’s iliumworks gear shifter; the many times I saw it in the flesh, I thought the set screw was OEM and they all came that way. Good thing I got narrow pointy toes, one less thing to buy. I’m happy to see another member steered in the right direction by the experience of our many members.

Back