• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New BMW Xride suit

michelfg

Has anyone seen or have any more details about the Xride suit besides what’s in the catalog? My BMW dealer said they were available but they had not ordered any yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an interesting piece of kit!

The Pro has 3D armour, but it's not clear from the website what the regular suit has. Also, there is a rain shell for over the jacket, but not clear if there is a rain overpant.

The Pro has 3D armour, but it's not clear from the website what the regular suit has. Also, there is a rain shell for over the jacket, but not clear if there is a rain overpant.

I think there is a rain over pant. At least hope so. It’s a very intriguing piece of gear. I was hoping someone had put fingers on it. My local dealer has one order for another customer. Supposed to come in next week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This descriptions shows NP2 and NP3 armor in the elbow and shoulder for the Pro. Back armor is optional.

BMW XRide Pro Jacket

For the serious sport-touring rider, BMW has released the XRide Jacket. Adding textured premium cowhide at the shoulders and outer arms over an abrasion resistant textile main chassis, the XRide is ready for mile after mile. The textile construction at the torso and inner arms utilize an elasticated polyamide fabric for supreme comfort and mobility - all while being extremely tough. The Bavarian engineering tradition continues to the inside, as well. A full 3D mesh airflow lining manages perspiration by letting air to circulate between the jacket and rider. The XRide Pro arrives with NP shoulder and elbow armor. Also included is a packable rain shell that fits into the jacket's rear stash pocket. Both the jacket and rain shell receive 360-degrees of reflective accents for low light safety. Pair with the XRide Pants for a full sport-touring suit.
Features:

Elasticated polyamide main chassis
Cowhide shoulder and outer arm reinforcement
Included rainproof / windproof outer shell jacket
Full 3D mesh liner
Reflective inserts at torso, arms and back
Included NP3 shoulder and NP2 elbow impact armor
Pocket for optional NP Pro back protector insert (sold separately)
Four front pockets (one waterproof)
Two inside pockets and rear stash pocket
Rain shell packs into rear stash pocket
Jacket to pants connection zipper
CE rated protective riding jacket

Edit: This descriptions shows there is a back protector.
The shoulders are fitted with close-fitting NP3 protectors, the elbows, hips and knees are protected with NP2 protectors and the back is shielded by NP-Pro long protectors

I did a search in ADVrider, and there's not much more information there.

Might be time for a visit to my dealer.....:D

I'm thinking of just getting the one piece BMW or Rev'it rainsuit for over top. Not sure I can live with BMW's blaze yellow though. :)

This spring I had been thinking about going back, after many years, to sport leathers, Then the Xride came along....I've got a real nice Rev'it Sand 2, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. So I'd been using Frogg Toggs over top, but they've served we well for 20 years so they don't owe me a nickle.

, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. .

Rain liners inside the jacket and pants is one of the worst ideas BMW came up with.

I'm thinking of just getting the one piece BMW or Rev'it rainsuit for over top. Not sure I can live with BMW's blaze yellow though. :)

This spring I had been thinking about going back, after many years, to sport leathers, Then the Xride came along....I've got a real nice Rev'it Sand 2, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. So I'd been using Frogg Toggs over top, but they've served we well for 20 years so they don't owe me a nickle.

Last year I gave up on the rain liners for my Rally suit and bought a proper rain suit from Olympia. I had grown tired of the stripping down at the side of the road to put in the pant liners when needed and the soggy outter suit effect. That combined with the fact that the liners were at best water resistant and never really kept me properly dry inside. I have not used the Olympia suit much, but am quite happy with it; in fit, quality and performance.

Thanks for the link, Voni.

The guys at ADVrider are also pretty intrigued by this suit.

One of the things I like most about my Olympia gear is that the rain liners can be used inside (which I do for temperature control) or outside (which I do for rain protection). They are a good fit either way.

Back