Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New BMW Xride suit

New BMW Xride suit

Has anyone seen or have any more details about the Xride suit besides whatís in the catalog? My BMW dealer said they were available but they had not ordered any yet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's an interesting piece of kit!

The Pro has 3D armour, but it's not clear from the website what the regular suit has. Also, there is a rain shell for over the jacket, but not clear if there is a rain overpant.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post

The Pro has 3D armour, but it's not clear from the website what the regular suit has. Also, there is a rain shell for over the jacket, but not clear if there is a rain overpant.
    I think there is a rain over pant. At least hope so. Itís a very intriguing piece of gear. I was hoping someone had put fingers on it. My local dealer has one order for another customer. Supposed to come in next week.

This descriptions shows NP2 and NP3 armor in the elbow and shoulder for the Pro. Back armor is optional.

BMW XRide Pro Jacket

For the serious sport-touring rider, BMW has released the XRide Jacket. Adding textured premium cowhide at the shoulders and outer arms over an abrasion resistant textile main chassis, the XRide is ready for mile after mile. The textile construction at the torso and inner arms utilize an elasticated polyamide fabric for supreme comfort and mobility - all while being extremely tough. The Bavarian engineering tradition continues to the inside, as well. A full 3D mesh airflow lining manages perspiration by letting air to circulate between the jacket and rider. The XRide Pro arrives with NP shoulder and elbow armor. Also included is a packable rain shell that fits into the jacket's rear stash pocket. Both the jacket and rain shell receive 360-degrees of reflective accents for low light safety. Pair with the XRide Pants for a full sport-touring suit.
    Features:

Elasticated polyamide main chassis
    Cowhide shoulder and outer arm reinforcement
    Included rainproof / windproof outer shell jacket
    Full 3D mesh liner
    Reflective inserts at torso, arms and back
    Included NP3 shoulder and NP2 elbow impact armor
    Pocket for optional NP Pro back protector insert (sold separately)
    Four front pockets (one waterproof)
    Two inside pockets and rear stash pocket
    Rain shell packs into rear stash pocket
    Jacket to pants connection zipper
    CE rated protective riding jacket

Edit: This descriptions shows there is a back protector.
    The shoulders are fitted with close-fitting NP3 protectors, the elbows, hips and knees are protected with NP2 protectors and the back is shielded by NP-Pro long protectors
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

No hi-vis color optiOn?

Youíll need all that armor with the stealth color scheme.

Thanks, Lee.
    Rinty

I did a search in ADVrider, and there's not much more information there.

Might be time for a visit to my dealer.....
    Rinty

but not clear if there is a rain overpant.
    Revzilla shows the pants come with rain overpants.

It's a sharp looking suit.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I'm thinking of just getting the one piece BMW or Rev'it rainsuit for over top. Not sure I can live with BMW's blaze yellow though.

This spring I had been thinking about going back, after many years, to sport leathers, Then the Xride came along....I've got a real nice Rev'it Sand 2, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. So I'd been using Frogg Toggs over top, but they've served we well for 20 years so they don't owe me a nickle.
    Rinty

http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. .
    Rain liners inside the jacket and pants is one of the worst ideas BMW came up with.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

I'm thinking of just getting the one piece BMW or Rev'it rainsuit for over top. Not sure I can live with BMW's blaze yellow though.

This spring I had been thinking about going back, after many years, to sport leathers, Then the Xride came along....I've got a real nice Rev'it Sand 2, but I'm thinking an external rain suit is a better way to go than the zip in liners. They're a bit tricky to zip in, and it's hard putting the pant liner in by the side of the road. So I'd been using Frogg Toggs over top, but they've served we well for 20 years so they don't owe me a nickle.
    Last year I gave up on the rain liners for my Rally suit and bought a proper rain suit from Olympia. I had grown tired of the stripping down at the side of the road to put in the pant liners when needed and the soggy outter suit effect. That combined with the fact that the liners were at best water resistant and never really kept me properly dry inside. I have not used the Olympia suit much, but am quite happy with it; in fit, quality and performance.
    Ed Miller, Calgary, AB
    2008 K1200GT, 2019 F850GSA

Thanks for the link, Voni.

The guys at ADVrider are also pretty intrigued by this suit.
    Rinty

Back in the saddle again mikegalbicka's Avatar
    One of the things I like most about my Olympia gear is that the rain liners can be used inside (which I do for temperature control) or outside (which I do for rain protection). They are a good fit either way.

That why I was asking originally. This is exactly the description in the catalog. I was hoping someone had seen one.