• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K1300S 2014 BMW-AF-XIED installation

kbikecanuck

Greetings all,

Has anyone tried to install one of these on a K bike. I’m preparing to do so and could use a little advice on where to located the connections for the O2 sensor. Do I need to remove the fuel tank to access it? Any feedback or pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers!

Greetings all,

Has anyone tried to install one of these on a K bike. I’m preparing to do so and could use a little advice on where to located the connections for the O2 sensor. Do I need to remove the fuel tank to access it? Any feedback or pictures would be appreciated.

Cheers!

I recently installed one on a 13GT
While not the same as your S model the 02 sensor part numbers are the same so they may be similar as far as the electrical goes
The 02 sensor connector plug is between the oil tank and the frame on the right side
I used a 90degree pick to unlock and pull the connector apart
didn't have to pull any panels off
I zip tied the AF-XIED box to the rear lights wiring harness
A fairly easy installation

Thank you Carl S. I probably removed more panels than necessary but the installation was pretty slick. It has really smoothed out the bike. Took a bit of a hit on fuel economy but the gain in drivability and performance are worth it. Thank you again for your feedback.

Cheers,

Ken

Thank you Carl S. I probably removed more panels than necessary but the installation was pretty slick. It has really smoothed out the bike. Took a bit of a hit on fuel economy but the gain in drivability and performance are worth it. Thank you again for your feedback.

Cheers,

Ken

Were you suffering the dreaded engine dieing at idle issue? If yes, did this mod solve the problem?

Were you suffering the dreaded engine dieing at idle issue? If yes, did this mod solve the problem?

Engine stalling was the main reason I installed the AF-XIED. Did it take care of the problem?
Its helped some but didn't completely take care of the issue.
It depends on her mood that particular day::laugh
What the AF-XIED did take care of was the hesitation at freeway speeds.
Not that she was a slouch to begin with.
The XF-XIED also took care of the fuel economy.
A noticeable improvement in engine performance.
Disappointing that it didn't take care of the stalling issue.

Greetings all,

Cheers!

I went even further down the rabbit hole and had the gas tank out looking at the air fuel probe on the intake...that's a temp sensor! Arg! My "never read the instructions first!" rule is officially deleted!

Bottom line is the AF-XIED did help my 2009 GT mid-range "hiccup". The green-yellow light will tell you if you need to rich/lean the mix.

Back