• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping thread

:laugh

A bear-box is better and most campgrounds in bear country have them. I was at one campground in the Yukon that had bear fencing around it and was electrified at night. You were kindly asked not to pee on it....:deal :rofl

Definitely on the bear box. Very common to have bear boxes back east here, in National and State parks with bear populations. Shenandoah NP is a good example here in VA.

I like the idea of the campsite with electric fence. Having spent a night with an aggressive bear marauding and trying to raid our remote campsite in Baxter State Park, I would definitely sleep better with an electric perimeter fence.

Just be smart about food storage, including toiletries such as toothpaste and you won't have any issues. .

One time in Washington or Oregon we camped at a small private campground that did not have any warning signs or bear proof trash cans.
We didn't feel like riding to town to eat so we got some junk food from the campground store and had a few things left which we kept in the tent.
The next morning the campground owner showed us the bear they caught during the night :eek

Spring cleaning

Time to pull out gear again and add/subtract some new things and retire others. Thinking of trying a cot set- up at some point though the air mattress does fine.

Those of us who are planning a trip down the Trans Taiga have been going through our gear for awhile. I have a couple of things on the list for purchase but most is well serviceable after many of years in service.

Back