• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Greetings from Columbus Ohio, home of the Buckeyes!

wolf1965

Hi everybody, nice to meet you! I've been riding for almost 35 years (with a 20 year break... raising my 3 sons), just traded in my 2017 Ninja 1000 for an awesome (and very comfy) 2020 BMW R1250GS Exclusive last Saturday. Looking forward to seeing what's ahead, meeting nice folks, and also learning more about my GS!

Cheers,

Tim

Last edited:
I too come from a 2011 Ninja 1000 to a S1000XR (actually still have it but seldom ride it). I find my BMW more comfortable too and that engine is incredible even though the Ninja engine was great too (but not the same).

Welcome to the forum from Kentucky.

Welcome, Tim, from the coast of Kansas. You will find lots of folks on this forum have owned--and still own--different brands of bikes. While there might be a few who are critical of other brands, most seem to agree that whatever you ride is the right bike for you. Glad to have you join us on the forum.

... and a tip of the cap from the Space Coast to you and your new Space Ship.

Always carry the small Emergency Key... "with you".

If you were to ever need it... it's like an escape hatch.

Back