• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sena 50S

My 10R has that and I have it selected. One has to wonder why they even have that feature if audio levels were adequate to start with.

I was being a bit facetious. There is no audio boost option on the 50S. The picture and suggestion were for the 30K, which I don't have. Sorry for the rather dry attempt at humor.

+1

I was a long-time Sena user, and I switched to the Cardo Packtalk Bold with the 40mm JBL speakers. On my first ride with it, I was doing 90 mph on the interstate in Wyoming and listening to SiriusXM... and then I realized that I had learned to use the inaudible Sena system as a cue to my road speed.

Cap

I was a 3 year user of Cardo and never had a problem. I switched to Sena because everyone I do ride with has Sena. But I've had nothing but problems with the 20S, 30K, and now, 50S. And their tech support is among the worst I've dealt with. I'm most disappointed with the unit shutting down in heavy rain (the unit is not waterproof), but low volume is right up there for the 2 prior units, and completely unusable for the 50S.

I think it may be time to switch back to Cardo. Everyone I know loves the JBL speakers.

I was being a bit facetious. There is no audio boost option on the 50S. The picture and suggestion were for the 30K, which I don't have. Sorry for the rather dry attempt at humor.

Well the Sena 10R I have is what I call a helmet ornament and nothing more. Totally useless.

If I am going to spend money on one of these again, I'll want to try it out first for a weekend ride...as a demo.

Has anyone purchased the new Sena 50 series? Just wondering if the audio is improved over my 20s EVO.

thanks,
RPGR90s

I've no idea how the 20s EVO sound is, but I can tell you the difference between the 10s and my new 50s.

HUGH difference. 50s speakers have much more bass and more clarity. Music volume is very good but I've been having issues with the call audio volume. Not nearly as loud as the music volume, even after cranking it all the way up.

As I've not had a chance to ride much, I've not had a chance to try and figure out why the call volume is low.

So far it's a mixed bag for me. Music is great, calls not so much, advanced noise control is nowhere near as good as the Cardo Pack and the "Ambient Mode" is just as worthless as it is on the 30s.

Finally, unlike the Cardo Pack, Sena does not guarantee that it's water proof. The main reasons I got the 50s was the price reduction and so I can communicate with my wife's Sena on her Schubert. If there's nothing tying you to Sena, go with the Cardo Pack. Recently Sena has been slow to respond to customer complaints and really has not addressed many customer concerns and the components they use have gotten cheaper.

If there's nothing tying you to Sena, go with the Cardo Pack.

I might just do that. I just went to their web site to have a look. Great pic of the Passo San Boldo they have up on the PackTalk Bold page. Easily recognizable when you have driven it. ;)

I'll see if my local dealer will let me try one...before I waste more money on these communicators.

Back