• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2016 K1300S Battery Suggestion

Gregg L
Looking for a suggestion on a replacement battery for the original in my 2016 K1300S Motorsport. Not sure it’s the issue, but starting there using the KISS rule. My bike acts like it has the hot-start issue with a no-start/dead-battery behavior when restarting hot. Let it sit for a bit and it fires right up. Battery load and voltage checks fine. You should know that it’s got a few farkles like a Sargent heated seat (rarely on), Navigator V, Australian cruise control, etc. I use the cruise often and usually run with the high-beam on. Lithium Ion? Higher aH/CCA rating than the current original 12aH/200 CCA? Thanks in advance!

Gregg L
‘16 K1300S Motorsport
‘14 K1600 GTLE

Last edited:
Back