• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Can't find info on Motorrad Fest in September ??

gsinnc

Read about this new event in the MOA Owner News but can't find info on line and registration info?

Great Idea But....RV $?!

I think this is an awesome idea, great location, good price for the event BUT....the price for a RV site is just a bit spendy! Unless I am calculating incorrectly, the total price for a RV site is $349 and includes two $69 three day event tickets, or a net of $211 for three nights of RV camping, or $70 a night! We were there in our RV for the 2019 National and I recall our site included electrics but, water spickets were not at all sites, uneven grounds and again, as I recall, none of them had septic dump stations....that was extra via a sanitation truck on Sunday morning for an extra cost. I was all in for this event until I saw the final price tag. I understand the MOA and maybe even the event center needs to generate some additional revenue this year given the Covid situation but....wow! My intent is not to offend anyone as I really think the event is a great idea in lieu of the 2020 MT national so, someone please correct me if I am wrong, or if I am missing something!

I think this is an awesome idea, great location, good price for the event BUT....the price for a RV site is just a bit spendy! Unless I am calculating incorrectly, the total price for a RV site is $349 and includes two $69 three day event tickets, or a net of $211 for three nights of RV camping, or $70 a night! We were there in our RV for the 2019 National and I recall our site included electrics but, water spickets were not at all sites, uneven grounds and again, as I recall, none of them had septic dump stations....that was extra via a sanitation truck on Sunday morning for an extra cost. I was all in for this event until I saw the final price tag. I understand the MOA and maybe even the event center needs to generate some additional revenue this year given the Covid situation but....wow! My intent is not to offend anyone as I really think the event is a great idea in lieu of the 2020 MT national so, someone please correct me if I am wrong, or if I am missing something!

Is this a new RV rally we are talking about?

THIS IS NOT A RALLY! Please think Festival, NOT a 24 hours on site event like a rally. The M-Fest is open to all brand motorcycles AND the general public. Hours are 8:00 AM til 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday. 8:00 AM til 6:00 PM Sunday. Available camping is a courtesy option. I'm guessing most folks attending this event won't camp on site (JMO). There will be an assortment of vendors (m/c related and others), foods from around the area, lots of locally sourced entertainment from 1:00 PM daily and a beverage garden. Come and go as you please. Attend a day or all three days the choice is your's.

The MOA Foundation will be one of the vendor booths providing info on available funding for rider training and the up to date status of the Foundation Museum that is located in the MOA Headquarters. By the time the M-Fest happens we should have 2 Foundation owned and 1 "on loan" BMW motorcycles and other MOA archives on display at Headquarters. It's an exciting time for the Foundation!

Looking forward to a great time and this new event!

THIS IS NOT A RALLY! Please think Festival, NOT a 24 hours on site event like a rally. The M-Fest is open to all brand motorcycles AND the general public. Hours are 8:00 AM til 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday. 8:00 AM til 6:00 PM Sunday. Available camping is a courtesy option. I'm guessing most folks attending this event won't camp on site (JMO). There will be an assortment of vendors (m/c related and others), foods from around the area, lots of locally sourced entertainment from 1:00 PM daily and a beverage garden. Come and go as you please. Attend a day or all three days the choice is your's.

The MOA Foundation will be one of the vendor booths providing info on available funding for rider training and the up to date status of the Foundation Museum that is located in the MOA Headquarters. By the time the M-Fest happens we should have 2 Foundation owned and 1 "on loan" BMW motorcycles and other MOA archives on display at Headquarters. It's an exciting time for the Foundation!

Looking forward to a great time and this new event!

But this IS called MOTORRAD Fest so my assumption is it will be highly focused on BMW motorcycles. At least that is my hope.

But this IS called MOTORRAD Fest so my assumption is it will be highly focused on BMW motorcycles. At least that is my hope.

You may be disappointed then.

Depending on how it's marketed and advertised, within the southeast particularly, other brands and riders could easily outnumber the BMW element of participation.

I'm thinking you may not see BMW MOTORRAD officially there in any capacity. I may be wrong; maybe the Nashville MOTORRAD dealer will have a significant set-up.

But I would bet the US cruiser brands want a piece of the action. FESTIVAL = Music and Entertainment... and the look at me crowd. AND MONEY for BMWMOA!!!

You may be disappointed then.

Depending on how it's marketed and advertised, within the southeast particularly, other brands and riders could easily outnumber the BMW element of participation.

I'm thinking you may not see BMW MOTORRAD officially there in any capacity. I may be wrong; maybe the Nashville MOTORRAD dealer will have a significant set-up.

But I would bet the US cruiser brands want a piece of the action. FESTIVAL = Music and Entertainment... and the look at me crowd. AND MONEY for BMWMOA!!!

Well it it's anything like the old Honda Hoot where all brands were welcome that would be great. So long as it is motorcycle centric and not like a county fair I'd be in.

I appreciate the link above, but I cannot find that when I go to the MOA website. Until I received the June issue of the Owners News I had not heard anything about this event. I suggest a link be placed on the MOA website, at least under "Events". It looks like it has potential. However, it does conflict with a rally 100 miles away that is being put on by the BMWRAMS.

I appreciate the link above, but I cannot find that when I go to the MOA website. Until I received the June issue of the Owners News I had not heard anything about this event. I suggest a link be placed on the MOA website, at least under "Events". It looks like it has potential. However, it does conflict with a rally 100 miles away that is being put on by the BMWRAMS.

Here is what you'd see if the link worked for you:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 3.06.23 PM.png

Totally agree! I hunted quite a bit on the MOA site too.

Not much info on the Motorrad Fest page. Taking advantage of the MOA "early bird" registration is signing up for a big unknown. And the early bird deadline is fast approaching.

The Big Unknown...

Not much info on the Motorrad Fest page. Taking advantage of the MOA "early bird" registration is signing up for a big unknown. And the early bird deadline is fast approaching.

...Thats the word on the street. And with four other Club Rally events surrounding the Mo-Fest on the same weekend, well????

Hey Ed:

How ya doin' in Covid?

Scotty

View attachment 78829

Doing fine! Things in NC starting to open up. Just heard on the news tonight that 68% of all North Carolina Covid19 deaths were in nursing homes and something like 80% of all cases are in nursing homes in NC. Restaurants are open for dining "in" at 50% capacity. Only bars and gyms are still not allowed open which makes no sense at all since bars located IN restaurants can function normally.

That giant Beer World sign has me wondering if the/our MOA will be selling the suds at this Mo-Fest undertaking?

There's gotta be a big haul of cash if somehow... our folks (volunteer's) run that operation!

Motorrad Fest Now on the MOA Website

The September Motorrad Fest event has been added to the drop-down menu on the BMW MOA website:

Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 9.09.26 AM.png

Back