Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Can't find info on Motorrad Fest in September ??

Can't find info on Motorrad Fest in September ??

Read about this new event in the MOA Owner News but can't find info on line and registration info?
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

[QUOTE=gsinnc;1207309]Read about this new event in the MOA Owner News but can't find info on line and registration info?[/

Give this link a try and follow the tabs at the top..

Eric P

https://mfest.bmwmoa.org/wilco-welcomes-the-moa/

Eric P
    R1200r

Great Idea But....RV $?!

I think this is an awesome idea, great location, good price for the event BUT....the price for a RV site is just a bit spendy! Unless I am calculating incorrectly, the total price for a RV site is $349 and includes two $69 three day event tickets, or a net of $211 for three nights of RV camping, or $70 a night! We were there in our RV for the 2019 National and I recall our site included electrics but, water spickets were not at all sites, uneven grounds and again, as I recall, none of them had septic dump stations....that was extra via a sanitation truck on Sunday morning for an extra cost. I was all in for this event until I saw the final price tag. I understand the MOA and maybe even the event center needs to generate some additional revenue this year given the Covid situation but....wow! My intent is not to offend anyone as I really think the event is a great idea in lieu of the 2020 MT national so, someone please correct me if I am wrong, or if I am missing something!

Quote Originally Posted by shropdog View Post
    I think this is an awesome idea, great location, good price for the event BUT....the price for a RV site is just a bit spendy! Unless I am calculating incorrectly, the total price for a RV site is $349 and includes two $69 three day event tickets, or a net of $211 for three nights of RV camping, or $70 a night! We were there in our RV for the 2019 National and I recall our site included electrics but, water spickets were not at all sites, uneven grounds and again, as I recall, none of them had septic dump stations....that was extra via a sanitation truck on Sunday morning for an extra cost. I was all in for this event until I saw the final price tag. I understand the MOA and maybe even the event center needs to generate some additional revenue this year given the Covid situation but....wow! My intent is not to offend anyone as I really think the event is a great idea in lieu of the 2020 MT national so, someone please correct me if I am wrong, or if I am missing something!
    Is this a new RV rally we are talking about?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Is this a new RV rally we are talking about?
    Paul - This is the Motorrad Fest scheduled for Lebanon, TN, toward the end of September 2020. Here's the link, but the website is a bit lacking in details. Looks like attending with an RV would not be cheap.

The link: https://mfest.bmwmoa.org
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo/via Walt Kelly

THIS IS NOT A RALLY! Please think Festival, NOT a 24 hours on site event like a rally. The M-Fest is open to all brand motorcycles AND the general public. Hours are 8:00 AM til 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday. 8:00 AM til 6:00 PM Sunday. Available camping is a courtesy option. I'm guessing most folks attending this event won't camp on site (JMO). There will be an assortment of vendors (m/c related and others), foods from around the area, lots of locally sourced entertainment from 1:00 PM daily and a beverage garden. Come and go as you please. Attend a day or all three days the choice is your's.

The MOA Foundation will be one of the vendor booths providing info on available funding for rider training and the up to date status of the Foundation Museum that is located in the MOA Headquarters. By the time the M-Fest happens we should have 2 Foundation owned and 1 "on loan" BMW motorcycles and other MOA archives on display at Headquarters. It's an exciting time for the Foundation!

Looking forward to a great time and this new event!
    Chuck Manley
    2012 Howlin' at the Moon Rally Chair
    Knights of the Roundel #333, IBA Member, Life Member NRA
    Black '17 R12GSA (Outlaw Spirit)

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    THIS IS NOT A RALLY! Please think Festival, NOT a 24 hours on site event like a rally. The M-Fest is open to all brand motorcycles AND the general public. Hours are 8:00 AM til 10:00 PM Friday and Saturday. 8:00 AM til 6:00 PM Sunday. Available camping is a courtesy option. I'm guessing most folks attending this event won't camp on site (JMO). There will be an assortment of vendors (m/c related and others), foods from around the area, lots of locally sourced entertainment from 1:00 PM daily and a beverage garden. Come and go as you please. Attend a day or all three days the choice is your's.

The MOA Foundation will be one of the vendor booths providing info on available funding for rider training and the up to date status of the Foundation Museum that is located in the MOA Headquarters. By the time the M-Fest happens we should have 2 Foundation owned and 1 "on loan" BMW motorcycles and other MOA archives on display at Headquarters. It's an exciting time for the Foundation!

Looking forward to a great time and this new event!
    But this IS called MOTORRAD Fest so my assumption is it will be highly focused on BMW motorcycles. At least that is my hope.
    Ed Apelian

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"
    Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    But this IS called MOTORRAD Fest so my assumption is it will be highly focused on BMW motorcycles. At least that is my hope.

You may be disappointed then.

Depending on how it's marketed and advertised, within the southeast particularly, other brands and riders could easily outnumber the BMW element of participation.

I'm thinking you may not see BMW MOTORRAD officially there in any capacity. I may be wrong; maybe the Nashville MOTORRAD dealer will have a significant set-up.

But I would bet the US cruiser brands want a piece of the action. FESTIVAL = Music and Entertainment... and the look at me crowd. AND MONEY for BMWMOA!!!
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... for every mile of road there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    You may be disappointed then.

Depending on how it's marketed and advertised, within the southeast particularly, other brands and riders could easily outnumber the BMW element of participation.

I'm thinking you may not see BMW MOTORRAD officially there in any capacity. I may be wrong; maybe the Nashville MOTORRAD dealer will have a significant set-up.

But I would bet the US cruiser brands want a piece of the action. FESTIVAL = Music and Entertainment... and the look at me crowd. AND MONEY for BMWMOA!!!
    Well it it's anything like the old Honda Hoot where all brands were welcome that would be great. So long as it is motorcycle centric and not like a county fair I'd be in.
    Ed Apelian

I appreciate the link above, but I cannot find that when I go to the MOA website. Until I received the June issue of the Owners News I had not heard anything about this event. I suggest a link be placed on the MOA website, at least under "Events". It looks like it has potential. However, it does conflict with a rally 100 miles away that is being put on by the BMWRAMS.
    Roger
    2018 R1200GSA
    1992 R100GS
    1975 R90/6

Quote Originally Posted by vfroger View Post
    I appreciate the link above, but I cannot find that when I go to the MOA website. Until I received the June issue of the Owners News I had not heard anything about this event. I suggest a link be placed on the MOA website, at least under "Events". It looks like it has potential. However, it does conflict with a rally 100 miles away that is being put on by the BMWRAMS.
    Here is what you'd see if the link worked for you:

Screen Shot 2020-05-28 at 3.06.23 PM.png
    John Gamel - BMW MOA Consumer Liaison
    2015 Ebony Metallic R1200RT
    MOA #153274
    "We have met the enemy, and he is us." Pogo/via Walt Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by vfroger View Post
    Totally agree! I hunted quite a bit on the MOA site too.
    Ed Apelian

Not much info on the Motorrad Fest page. Taking advantage of the MOA "early bird" registration is signing up for a big unknown. And the early bird deadline is fast approaching.
    J Goertz
    BMW MOAL
    2015 BMW R1200RT
    2012 Triumph Bonneville SE

Hangered... but aimed out flyhi2cfar's Avatar
    The Cincinnati Ohio riverfront (Ky side) & the Cape/Space Coast of Flordia.... when not out -- "travel'n"

Thumbs up The Big Unknown...

Quote Originally Posted by jgoertz View Post
    Not much info on the Motorrad Fest page. Taking advantage of the MOA "early bird" registration is signing up for a big unknown. And the early bird deadline is fast approaching.

...Thats the word on the street. And with four other Club Rally events surrounding the Mo-Fest on the same weekend, well????
    "travel'n" John... on a 2015 R1200GS / MOA# 102452
    "Keep a steady eye ahead, a firm grip on the throttle, be ready with brakes... for every mile of road there are two miles of the ditch"
    (words of wisdom credited to fellow MOA rider Bill T.)

Quote Originally Posted by flyhi2cfar View Post
    ...Thats the word on the street. And with four other Club Rally events surrounding the Mo-Fest on the same weekend, well????
    And the BMWRA Annual Rally the weekend before
    Ed Apelian