Thread: I Sold My RT Today

I Sold My RT Today

I just couldn't stand the shame of it all. I wasn't sure how far to ride and not harm anyone and
    there was no guide for me on how to live and make decisions.

I sold my RT and even my mint 2004 yellow Honda Helix.

When Greta Thunberg didn't answer my email, the guilt was overwhelming.

Now I walk everywhere and my trip to Alaska will take eight years, but will be
    good for the environment and my soul.

Luckily for me, there was guidance from a wise social warrior in the MOA letters.

Thanks,

Wally the Walker. #10,695

My condolences to you and yours. 😳
    Linc G.

Hard work pays off in the future, laziness pays off now.

Dang Wally, I know that is a tough decision. Does not matter if you know it is time. It is hard to sell the steeds. I am not there yet, but I do wonder what it will be like when I know it is time. Hope you are able to direct your riding passion toward another activity.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

Hi Bluehole

Quote Originally Posted by bluehole View Post
    Dang Wally, I know that is a tough decision. Does not matter if you know it is time. It is hard to sell the steeds. I am not there yet, but I do wonder what it will be like when I know it is time. Hope you are able to direct your riding passion toward another activity.
    Hi Bluehole,

I guess I should have been more direct. My post is in response to the guy who wrote a letter in the recent issue of the news.

Basically, it's okay to ride as long as it's not too far unless our purpose is pure and Greta Thunberg approves.

We have to have our thoughts vetted before we can start our bikes.

I have no plans to sell my BMW.
    Thanks,
    Wally #10695

I must apologize, but I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread.
    Walter

"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
    H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by WalterK75 View Post
    I must apologize, but I'm not sure I understand what's going on in this thread.
    He is making fun of somebody who wrote a letter to the editor in the June BMW Owners News. Apparently this has something to do with climate change, or more accurately climate change denial. Since the original post was actually a political post disguised as something else I think the Forum Moderators really ought to look at the ON, look at this post, and close this thread.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    to look at the ON
    Can't...haven't seen the ON yet. This is all tongue in cheek...nothing to see here...keep moving!
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Wally. I read the letter. I get it. Pretty funny.
    1972 R75/5
    1993 R100R

He is making fun of somebody who wrote a letter to the editor in the June BMW Owners News. Apparently this has something to do with climate change, or more accurately climate change denial. Since the original post was actually a political post disguised as something else I think the Forum Moderators really ought to look at the ON, look at this post, and close this thread.
    Oh my. If you don't agree, shut them down.

You make my point, but can't comprehend how you do it.

I've been riding for a few years and am ashamed you would think I'm a climate change denier.

I think I will self-report to the moderators.

Ps - What this has to do is pointing out the great unwashed who think they can tell me how to think and act.

Wally

US Army - PhuBai Vietnam 1969-70

Quote Originally Posted by wallyhelix View Post
    Oh my. If you don't agree, shut them down.

You make my point, but can't comprehend how you do it.

I've been riding for a few years and am ashamed you would think I'm a climate change denier.

I think I will self-report to the moderators.

Ps - What this has to do is pointing out the great unwashed who think they can tell me how to think and act.

Wally

US Army - PhuBai Vietnam 1969-70
    Since there were at least three letters to the editor that touched on climate change - for or against - I couldn't actually tell which one you were making fun of. But in either case it was a political post which are technically not supposed to be on the forum. Which was my only point. There is actually no need for personal attacks here.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Since there were at least three letters to the editor that touched on climate change - for or against - I couldn't actually tell which one you were making fun of. But in either case it was a political post which are technically not supposed to be on the forum. Which was my only point. There is actually no need for personal attacks here.
    I was not making a personal "attack" and my post was not political, it was practical.

There was only one Greta Thunberg reference in the letters section, so that's the one I was addressing.

Of course the climate changes, it's changing as I type.

See, we have common ground.

Quote Originally Posted by wallyhelix View Post

Now I walk... my trip to Alaska will take eight years....

Wally the Walker. #10,695
    Aside from the real reason for your post, that project will make a great book!

Hop to it! I wanna read it before I get too old.

SS
    Yeeha! Stephen
    R1200RS, R1250RT
    "Why eat a Burger when you can have Pie?!" Miss Vicki @ Lost Maples Cafe - Utopia Texas

I sold my 2008 RT Sunday. It was a great bike, trips to Alaska, the Smokies, Booneville Salt Flats. I really miss it. But the 2012 RT I bought is doing it's best to console me.