• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hourglass Motorcycles/Buford, GA Closing

jgoertz

Saw a post this week from the guys @ Hourglass. They're now permanently closed, not re-opening after the Covid-19 statewide shutdown. I'd never visited them, but had heard only great things from them.

Saw a post this week from the guys @ Hourglass. They're now permanently closed, not re-opening after the Covid-19 statewide shutdown. I'd never visited them, but had heard only great things from them.

That is sad news, I went there a few times and Kyle and his staff were always pleasant and the shop looked incredible. When he got the dealership some of the better techs from Blue Moon went to work there. I always enjoyed visiting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Kyle was a good dude... was sorry to see them exit the scene.

We have been taking care of much of the interest in that community while it waits for a new option to fulfill the needs of that area... and from what I understand, one is in the works! :clap

^ That would be good news. A city the size of Atlanta needs more than 1 BMW dealership. If for no other reason, you can't get a service appointment without planning 3 months in advance.

The Hourglass location was an odd choice in my opinion. I don't know any of the logic behind it, but given the proximity to the lake, it might have been better as a boat dealership....Not sure why it was purchased from an Atlanta suburb dealership and moved 30 miles outside the perimeter....

^ That would be good news. A city the size of Atlanta needs more than 1 BMW dealership. If for no other reason, you can't get a service appointment without planning 3 months in advance.

The Hourglass location was an odd choice in my opinion. I don't know any of the logic behind it, but given the proximity to the lake, it might have been better as a boat dealership....Not sure why it was purchased from an Atlanta suburb dealership and moved 30 miles outside the perimeter....

Personally not familiar with the dealership, but I’ll bet dollars to donuts taxes had a vote. Sad to hear another dealership closing. I’m genuinely concerned about our sport.

Cost effective, a great excuse to get out of town, and a much better environment for test riding than most!

Rumor is New BMW Dealer is Indian Motorcycles at the Mall of Georgia

Just a rumor, but that's what I'm hearing.

Real glad someone picked it up, but still way the hell outside of 'town' and only 9 miles from the previous location.

I really hope they are successful, but the location is no better for me than Hourglass was....bummer.

Real glad someone picked it up, but still way the hell outside of 'town' and only 9 miles from the previous location.

I really hope they are successful, but the location is no better for me than Hourglass was....bummer.

Well the three nearest dealers to our house are about 250, 400, and 450 miles away. And the dealer I use the most is just over 1,000 miles away. But then I live way outside of town. :)

And that rumor was true, until it wasn't anymore. I'm now hearing something maybe brewing closer to the city, possibly an existing BMW dealer from outside the area expanding.

Well, I'm in the area this week and was looking for the BMW motorcyle dealership and came across Wooly's? Is that the only one in the area now?

Well, since Columbus is 100 miles south of Etlanna, 'what side' seems like an understatement! :D

I suppose if you were on the west side of Atlanta 85 all the way to columbus would be an easy stretch. I go there, it’s about 140 miles from my driveway.

Back