• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Bike Owner

oldnwizr2

hi folks. Greetings from Gulf Coast. Am taking delivery of a 2012 R1200rtp retired police
Bike. Would anyone know where to get a owners manual for this bike? I began
Riding while stationed (USN) at Naples Italy on a Triumph Trophy. Since then two
Gold wings and two Yamaha Venture Royals. Any special things to look for when
I take delivery of the bike? Bike has dual batteries and an oversize alternator.
Assume it runs on Premiun or mid grade.

James

Second battery

Welcome to the forum! Where is that second battery mounted?

I am not sure where they crammed second battery! Bike is enroute to me
From Calif. When it arrives I will find battery and make pic of it.

Have a strange question. Bike has radio box (empty?) right behind riders seat.
It appears they took off the rack that the top case sits on.
Do you know what part name is for this rack??

Thanks
James

Adventure Motorsports of north west Florida dealership

James,
First, welcome to BMW’s and the MOA. I too own an RT and my previous bike was a 2005RT. I noticed you are equidistant from the dealership in Pensacola as myself, 2 hours west to east for you, 2 hours north east to southwest for me (Samson, AL).
Might I recommend a trip to the dealership, and a phone call. They are helpful and will get you set up initially with the bike. They currently sell and service the RTP’s for Escambia County Sheriffs Department and the Pensacola PD. We also have our club meetings there fourth Saturday of the month at 09:30, MOA charter club #364 MREC (BMW Motorcycle Riders of the Emerald Coast). There is a wealth of knowledge and comradeship to be had at these meetings.

V/R
Reece

Back