• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Worthless Arai helmet warranty

I have had a few HJC's and never had a problem besides them just wearing out. Now if I can just find one in a long oval shape, that's the challenge. Otherwise the pressure on my forehead is intolerable with other rounder shapes.

Which is why I buy nothing but Arai Signet X, or whatever their current long-oval head shape helmet is called. Nothing fits my head as well as an Arai helmet, in the correct model.

Harry

Eureka!

I figured it out, the front chin guard is held in place by two blobs of gray RTV like glue and a piece of doublestick tape. Kind cheesy for such an expensive helmet. Just keep pulling gently away from the shell and it comes free. With that off I was able to unscrew and remove the broken piece and carefully glue it back together.

Sure beats the alternative for time away and money spent. Jeesh, they could have just told me how to do this. Then used my favorite new plastic bonding glue to fix the break. Not perfect but it's functional.
Arai helmet crack 4.JPGArai helmet crack 5.JPGArai helmet crack 6.JPG

Which is why I buy nothing but Arai Signet X, or whatever their current long-oval head shape helmet is called. Nothing fits my head as well as an Arai helmet, in the correct model.

Harry

I have a long oval noggin too and had always only bought Arai Signet (the original) then they came out with the profile and no XXXL !! I just happened to be in Competition Accessories when they had a store in SC about 12 miles from me. This place had a TON of helmets on display to try on in every size. For the heck of it I tried a Shoei RF1100 and BAM! It fit like a glove and no forehead point pain. AND I did not have to deal with the insane Arai shield removal process. When they came out with the RF1200 I tried one on to see if it fit the same as the RF1100 and it did NOT. So I watch for closeout sales on the 1100's and landed one for under $300. So I have a brand new RF1100 never worn ready to use when my current one is done. At the IMS in Cleveland that year I asked the Shoei rep if the 1200 had the same head shape as the 1100 and he said it did not confirming my findings. It is a shame that more companies don't make the long oval shape. Oh .. .and the XXL Shoei fit me better than the XXXL Arai.

Back