• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Temp reading on R1200 R is now off

lancexmorehead

My 2015 R1200 R LC has an ambient temperature readout. It was fairly accurate for the first year, but now seems to read about 10-15 degrees warmer than actual.
I had installed a larger, V Tech windshield, but have relocated the temp sensor several times since then, to no avail.
Suggestions?

My 2015 R1200 R LC has an ambient temperature readout. It was fairly accurate for the first year, but now seems to read about 10-15 degrees warmer than actual.
I had installed a larger, V Tech windshield, but have relocated the temp sensor several times since then, to no avail.
Suggestions?

How does it read compared to actual ambient temperature if you just turn the key on but don't run the engine? If it is close then, but reads warmer with the bike being ridden then it seems to me it is picking up engine heat somehow. If it is just plain off then I don't know what to think except my oft refrain, "Ain't technology wunnerful."

I had one that was off by a few degrees and I swapped it with my buddy's K bike sensor to see if it was that. Made no difference in my case, but if you have a friend who you can do this with that would be a starting point. Also, some BMW cars use this same sensor. On realoem.com you can do a search by part number to see what other vehicles use that part.

Back