Thread: As the Coronavirus Pandemic restrictions relax

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar

Exclamation As the Coronavirus Pandemic restrictions relax

Been a long time and the health info (around here) figures in people near other people will need to be masked until a real cure/treatment/vaccine/best procedure has been established.

Here in Massachusetts the schedule of the State opening up goes something like this-

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/re...phase-approach

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/re...usiness-reopen

This information is likely to change. No doubt it will change if people are not extremely careful of both themselves and when they are around others.

Feel free to post what is going on in your state- If it is relevant information!

OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    Been a long time and the health info (around here) figures in people near other people will need to be masked until a real cure/treatment/vaccine/best procedure has been established.

Here in Massachusetts the schedule of the State opening up goes something like this-

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/re...phase-approach

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/re...usiness-reopen

This information is likely to change. No doubt it will change if people are not extremely careful of both themselves and when they are around others.

Feel free to post what is going on in your state- If it is relevant information!

OM
    In Texas the Governor lifted most of the state-wide restrictions, specifying a 25% or 50% capacity restriction for most businesses including restaurants and bars. The number of new cases is now spiking and an upward spike in deaths is expected to follow. With all due respect, which isn't much at the moment, people are not nearly as smart as they are given credit for. The photos and videos of maskless patrons congregating and ignoring any pretense at distancing is really rather sad. And Texas is not alone.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Montana is essentially open. Restaurants and bars have rules regarding staff training, distancing and capacity but most places are business as usual. Given how little impact the virus has had here it is unsurprising.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Here's the current info for Iowa.
    https://governor.iowa.gov/press-rele...th-emergency-2

Here's the info on camping.
    Bathrooms and shower-houses are closed.
    https://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go...s-and-Closures
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

This thread will be helpful as people start to take trips.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    This thread will be helpful as people start to take trips.
    I hope it helps with trip planning more than a warning that the population thinks the problem is over.
    Stay safe, keep your distance, pretend everyone is a new puppy that needs to be trained to not pee on your rug
    OM
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Montana is essentially open. Restaurants and bars have rules regarding staff training, distancing and capacity but most places are business as usual. Given how little impact the virus has had here it is unsurprising.
    And did the people of Montana get stimulus payments too?
    Jerry2019 R1250 RT Carbon Black (current)
    Previously Owned; 96 Kaw 800, 99 Honda Ace 1100, 2000 Honda VFR 800, 2002 Honda Sabre 1100, 2002 Honda 954 RR, 2004 Kaw 1500, 2005 Kaw ZX12, 2007 Kaw ZX 14, 2007 HD Streetglide, 2009 Kaw Vulcan 1600; 2013 Yamaha FJR1300, 2009 HD Road King.

I said the virus has had little impact, but the over zealous response had a significant economic impact. So yes, eligible Montanans received a stimulus payment.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Calgary is still locked down, but most of the province has been opened to Phase 1, so my lady and I took the fun car out to Cochrane yesterday, and had a couple of pops. It was good to be back out. The pub wasn't that busy, but there were a lot of people out earlier in the long weekend.
    Rinty

Quote Originally Posted by Rinty View Post
    Ö my lady and I ... had a couple of pops. It was good Ö
    Used to have an entirely different meaning when I was a young buck.
    Royce
    On the coast of Kansas
    2012 F800ST

Opening Up

While things may be opening up I would keep avoiding crowds and make sure to not be in confined spaces with very many people. The disease has not gone away, lots of people are still dying really horrible deaths, lots of people Are going through really horrible times and not dying. Than we have the ones with no symptoms or no worrisome symptoms who can move around in society and unknowingly infect people. I donít think I would enjoy getting the disease and going through hell or dying or getting the disease and unknowingly infecting and possibly killing someoneís parents, or child or a friend. I know it sucks not having fun some friends and myself had a nice trip planned to Great Falls and back, we know thatís not happening. Part of the Great Falls trip was one night of camping at Forestville Mystery State Park in Minnesota, I have already paid for that nights camping so if possible I will spend that weekend camping in southern Minnesota. ( June 19-20 )
    Today I scheduled my ankle replacement surgery for June 26th so I will be mostly staying home until November
    Be safe and have safe fun
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Here's the info on camping.
    Bathrooms and shower-houses are closed.
    https://www.iowadnr.gov/Places-to-Go...s-and-Closures
    All modern restrooms and shower buildings will be available starting at 8:00 a.m. on Friday, May 22, 2020. Drinking fountains remain closed.
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878