• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

As the Coronavirus Pandemic restrictions relax

Omega Man

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat
Staff member
Been a long time and the health info (around here) figures in people near other people will need to be masked until a real cure/treatment/vaccine/best procedure has been established.

Here in Massachusetts the schedule of the State opening up goes something like this-

Reopening-Phases-051820.png

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-four-phase-approach

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen

This information is likely to change. No doubt it will change if people are not extremely careful of both themselves and when they are around others.

Feel free to post what is going on in your state- If it is relevant information!

OM

Been a long time and the health info (around here) figures in people near other people will need to be masked until a real cure/treatment/vaccine/best procedure has been established.

Here in Massachusetts the schedule of the State opening up goes something like this-

Reopening-Phases-051820.png

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-four-phase-approach

More here- https://www.mass.gov/info-details/reopening-when-can-my-business-reopen

This information is likely to change. No doubt it will change if people are not extremely careful of both themselves and when they are around others.

Feel free to post what is going on in your state- If it is relevant information!

OM

In Texas the Governor lifted most of the state-wide restrictions, specifying a 25% or 50% capacity restriction for most businesses including restaurants and bars. The number of new cases is now spiking and an upward spike in deaths is expected to follow. With all due respect, which isn't much at the moment, people are not nearly as smart as they are given credit for. The photos and videos of maskless patrons congregating and ignoring any pretense at distancing is really rather sad. And Texas is not alone.

Montana is essentially open. Restaurants and bars have rules regarding staff training, distancing and capacity but most places are business as usual. Given how little impact the virus has had here it is unsurprising.

This thread will be helpful as people start to take trips.

I hope it helps with trip planning more than a warning that the population thinks the problem is over.
Stay safe, keep your distance, pretend everyone is a new puppy that needs to be trained to not pee on your rug :)
OM

Montana is essentially open. Restaurants and bars have rules regarding staff training, distancing and capacity but most places are business as usual. Given how little impact the virus has had here it is unsurprising.

And did the people of Montana get stimulus payments too?

I said the virus has had little impact, but the over zealous response had a significant economic impact. So yes, eligible Montanans received a stimulus payment.

Calgary is still locked down, but most of the province has been opened to Phase 1, so my lady and I took the fun car out to Cochrane yesterday, and had a couple of pops. It was good to be back out. The pub wasn't that busy, but there were a lot of people out earlier in the long weekend.

Opening Up

While things may be opening up I would keep avoiding crowds and make sure to not be in confined spaces with very many people. The disease has not gone away, lots of people are still dying really horrible deaths, lots of people Are going through really horrible times and not dying. Than we have the ones with no symptoms or no worrisome symptoms who can move around in society and unknowingly infect people. I don’t think I would enjoy getting the disease and going through hell or dying or getting the disease and unknowingly infecting and possibly killing someone’s parents, or child or a friend. I know it sucks not having fun some friends and myself had a nice trip planned to Great Falls and back, we know that’s not happening. Part of the Great Falls trip was one night of camping at Forestville Mystery State Park in Minnesota, I have already paid for that nights camping so if possible I will spend that weekend camping in southern Minnesota. ( June 19-20 )
Today I scheduled my ankle replacement surgery for June 26th so I will be mostly staying home until November
Be safe and have safe fun
David

Back