• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Puig Touring Windshield for RT

Denali D4 2.0 lights with full spot lenses, mounted on Clearwater B179 brackets. I've also fitted Cyclops LED Low and High Beam headlight kit.

Thanks - did a Google search for Clearwater B179 and nothing shows up. Did you buy them from Clearwater?

Clearwaters

I like the Clearwater lights on the under-mirror brackets. i like the lights higher than being mounted on engine guards. They are more visible to traffic and project better.

ericas-bright.jpg

Thanks - did a Google search for Clearwater B179 and nothing shows up. Did you buy them from Clearwater?

I'm not sure why you can't find them, so they may have changed the product. I'd get in contact with your local Clearwater dealer and ask about under mirror light mounts for your particular model. Here's an image of the front page of the pdf installation manual. They were quite a challenge to install, but the instructions were very clear.

B179.jpg

Ended up buying the Puig, makes a big difference in wind noise, it looks great on the bike in the light smoke and was inexpensive versus some of the others.

I have a 2016 RT, looking for a replacement windshield.

Here is Canada, it’s fairly pricey to get a Werks or AeroFlow because of the shipping...they are not readily available here.

I can get a Puig at local dealers, they look nice, especially in the light tint, and I had a Puig for a Triumph Tiger I had, it worked great.

Was wondering if anyone on the forum has the Puig Touring Screen...can’t seem to find any reviews for the RT, obviously not the most popular option.

https://puig.tv/en/tuning-motos/windscreens-for-fairing-bikes/touring-plus-screen?bike=12446

I'm out of Alberta and the first thing I did with my 2016 R1200RT was replace the stock screen with Puig Touring. I'm 6'3" and found the stock screen too narrow and of course too low - so a lot of noise and buffeting. The Puig solved those issues for me. Plus the Puig was a much better price the some the other after market replacement.

Last edited:
Back