• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Any Late Breaking News on Indianapolis Dealer ?

14gsused

I`m just wandering. Its been late October since we lost our Motorrad Dealer ? Rumours about Tom Wood Motorsports may have died with the Covid-19 ?

Just another idea...

... since I don't have the information myself; but many within Indiana should consider utilizing one of nations newest MOTORRAD facilities.

In Middletown Ohio, nearby the Indiana/Ohio State Line, and just 95 miles from the SE Indy beltway via nice riding on state routes/no interstates,
a very nice approach from countryside to smallish town.

Thats closer than the Louisville Ky dealer at 110 miles of interstate riding from south of the beltway, without the big city chaos!

Have a look at their website at BMW of Metro Cincinnati (Greater's Ice Cream!) and/or contact someone from the Charter Club our area.

Good to have options and may be a consideration for some, depending on your home-front and/or propensity for riding enjoyment.

Just a follow-up to the preceding post. Yesterday I took my 55 mile ride from near downtown Cincy, via Lebanon (nice routing) to the new metro dealer.

A fellow from Plainfield IN, SW of Indy (stated it was 115mi) pulled in for service on his blue 08' RT.
His second time over for various service's (12K & fuel gauge)... he likes it.

It was my first visit!

I had my first service completed at Tom Wood in early May. They have a certified BMW mechanic (came from defunct BMW of Indy store) and BMW computer. I provided the BMW filter. They did the service and set my minder date for next service. Still not an official dealer, but still suppose to take place...Covid has added a little time to the process.

Tom Wood BMW - Service

I have a service appointment for 09/18 and it was 30 days out from the time I called, which I understand and is ok. Not a major issue to content with. "Chris", the service tech seemed very friendly and actually apologetic he had to make me wait that long! They are less than one hour from me vs. 3.5 hours for my other options. Really looking forward to having a local dealer again and really hope they can stand the test of time (at least it appears they have quite a bit of $ behind them!). On-line reviews are 99% very favorable from the sales floor to the service department! Will update next month after my service visit.

Back