• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Sedona ~ Flagstaff ~ Prescott looking for service : )

blouberry

Hello Everyone ~ Can anyone please recommend a good mechanic or place to go have my F700GS serviced in the Sedona, Flagstaff or Prescott area? Doesn't have to be BMW( don't really want to go to PHX area ) ... Just a trustworthy place where they can service my bike and reset the computer etc... Many thanks in advance! : )

OK, bummer. Maybe Motoghost on the northern side of Phoenix? I have a question out to someone who lives in Flagstaff.

Update -- Another location in Phoenix is Dave Alquist at Quality Cycle Service.

But as far as Flagstaff goes, check with Theron Goldie at GoAz on Butler Avenue.

OK, bummer. Maybe Motoghost on the northern side of Phoenix? I have a question out to someone who lives in Flagstaff.

Update -- Another location in Phoenix is Dave Alquist at Quality Cycle Service.

But as far as Flagstaff goes, check with Theron Goldie at GoAz on Butler Avenue.

I won't let GoAz touch my bike. For another 25 miles further than they are from the OP, I'd recommend Colin at https://repartoveloce.com/ He's the only person that's allowed to touch my Beemer, he's a master bmw mechanic and has contracts with several law enforcement agencies. They could just as easily use GoAz, some of the indian rez agencies are much closer to GoAz or RideNow, they prefer Colin work on their bikes.

Thanks, brownie. I was just passing on the name from someone who used GoAZ services in Flagstaff and was satisfied. Not sure what your reference is to "another 25 miles". The distance from Flagstaff to Phoenix and/or Chandler is on the order of 150 miles...that's to town centers, so I don't about places that are north Phoenix which might cut off some distance.

As they say -- YMMV!

Thanks, brownie. I was just passing on the name from someone who used GoAZ services in Flagstaff and was satisfied. Not sure what your reference is to "another 25 miles". The distance from Flagstaff to Phoenix and/or Chandler is on the order of 150 miles...that's to town centers, so I don't about places that are north Phoenix which might cut off some distance.

As they say -- YMMV!

The issue I have with GoAz is two fold. When I procured my 2012 r1200gs from them two years ago, they told me the bike had been fully serviced [ including oil change/filter ]. I drove the bike to my mechanic, who upon my request did an oil change on the bike using 20-50, not 10-40. The oil was NOT recently changed as they stated.

The second issue is, they go through mechanics like changing underwear. Most don't have enopugh experience on the bikes for my tastes. I got lucky in finding Colin, a master bmw mechanic for some time now [ over a decade ]. I trust RideNow even less. Both are great when they are taking your money, not so much when they are servicing bikes [ for my tastes anyway ].

If at any time Colin shutters his doors, motoghost will get my business. Never one of the dealers mentioned. The bmw dealer in Tuscon would get my business, they have a stellar reputation for service performed correctly.

Brownie, Motoghost was sold some time ago. If in your mind Motoghost = Omar, he is gone. Dave Alquist is an Airhead guy and he has moved to Punkin Center.

Brownie, Motoghost was sold some time ago. If in your mind Motoghost = Omar, he is gone. Dave Alquist is an Airhead guy and he has moved to Punkin Center.

Good to know, must have been in the last 2 years, I spoke with him then about the 1200GT. Thanks.

Punkin Center is about the same distance from me as motoghost and a much nicer ride.

The issue I have with GoAz is two fold. When I procured my 2012 r1200gs from them two years ago, they told me the bike had been fully serviced [ including oil change/filter ]. I drove the bike to my mechanic, who upon my request did an oil change on the bike using 20-50, not 10-40. The oil was NOT recently changed as they stated.

The second issue is, they go through mechanics like changing underwear. Most don't have enopugh experience on the bikes for my tastes. I got lucky in finding Colin, a master bmw mechanic for some time now [ over a decade ]. I trust RideNow even less. Both are great when they are taking your money, not so much when they are servicing bikes [ for my tastes anyway ].

If at any time Colin shutters his doors, motoghost will get my business. Never one of the dealers mentioned. The bmw dealer in Tuscon would get my business, they have a stellar reputation for service performed correctly.

I've had issues with both Ridenow and GOAZ. With GOAZ, it's a matter of flat rate in my case. They rush. I had a warranty issue with ABS cable and they didn't reassemble the bike right and the fuel hoses were dangling. I fixed it myself. With Ridenow, I had gone to them when it was Victory BMW for recall service. They did the fuel pump repair and the fuel strip twice. Never had an issue. After Victory went to Ridenow, my fuel pump flange was leaking. I called and always was routed to VM. Left messages with no call back. I sent an email. The only response from that was a salesman who wanted to know if I wanted a new bike. I said I needed service and was transferred to service VM. I fixed it myself. It was that the dope they used on the female QD dissolved. I replaced the female QD with a metal one from Beemer Bone Yard. I do my own maintenance, but since it was a recall and they did it. I wanted them to look at it. Turns out it was their work that failed. I will never go to Ridenow for anything. GOAZ, IDK. What would bother me more is the high pressure sales tactics they use to sell service contracts and such. I don't think I'd use them again either. There was a salesman Scott that worked in both places that could probably shed light. he was a really nice guy and would be a saving grace in my eyes...But I digress. I've heard good things about Iron Horse in Tucson.

I have had similar experiences as Ponch with GoAZ and Ridenow, and with Scott who has moved on to ?

I have had similar experiences as Ponch with GoAZ and Ridenow, and with Scott who has moved on to ?

He's posted in the AZ Beemer FB group discussion, maybe a year ago. I don't think he works at a dealer anymore, but IDK. Not at Ridenow or GOAZ anymore. I'd buy a bike from him, he was straight up and would be real. Maybe that's why he isn't in the other dealers. It's like being in middle and higher management. You have to do things normal folks won't do.

Scott no longer works in sales at RideNow in Chandler. I was told he left to return to Wisconsin to help run the family farm.

Iron Horse in Tucson is an outstanding "BMW-only" dealership. They're not owned by a corporate entity; rather, their owner, John, is on site nearly every day.

Their service department is top notch but very busy, so call ahead of time for an appointment.

Back