• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Talk Me Out of Buying a '77 /7!

Thank you

Thank you for the post, it was fun talking about one of my favorite bikes and airheads in general.

I have never had any BMW but airheads and only four models. I have done a lot of repairs on airheads, my own and friend's.

There has never been a better bike built than a BMW airhead. At least, that is my thought. LOL. St.

Thank you for the post, it was fun talking about one of my favorite bikes and airheads in general.

I have never had any BMW but airheads and only four models. I have done a lot of repairs on airheads, my own and friend's.

There has never been a better bike built than a BMW airhead. At least, that is my thought. LOL. St.

Yes, I enjoyed the banter quite a lot too!! I'm really new to the World of BMW, having just bought my first one (y2k RT) last June. I'm still gradually updating it which my wife reminded me of when I said I was going to look at the R75! LoL My Oilhead now has 60k miles so it's well past due for a spline lube which I'll tackle this winter. A rewire on the HES and some aftermarket suspension and it should be good-to-go for quite awhile.

I'm finding just about every version of the BMW boxer bikes have their own nuances and I'm looking forward to dabbling into the world of Airheads when the right one comes along!

Cheers!
Art

Back