Thread: ECU reflash

ECU reflash

Anybody done a Bren ECU reflash on a 1600 & if so what do you think?

Very little on the forum:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...enger-backrest

Saw this person asking a related question but no responses:

https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...or-their-K1600
    Kurt -- Forum Liaison ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

ECU reflash

Afternoon, there is a lot of conversations about Bren tune on the K1600 forum. I have a 2016 and the bren seems to be more about the delayed/less responsive throttle feel that the 2018 and later have do to new program. I have the AF-xied installed on my bike and find it to be an excellent improvement and doesn't require any additional flashes in the future for whatever reason. Have not seen and comparative data to reflect the differences in performance. Just know that there can be issues with the dealer updates messing with Bren tune I believe. Basing this on what I have read. could be in error.

Quote Originally Posted by mckgtrgs View Post
    Afternoon, there is a lot of conversations about Bren tune on the K1600 forum. I have a 2016 and the bren seems to be more about the delayed/less responsive throttle feel that the 2018 and later have do to new program. I have the AF-xied installed on my bike and find it to be an excellent improvement and doesn't require any additional flashes in the future for whatever reason. Have not seen and comparative data to reflect the differences in performance. Just know that there can be issues with the dealer updates messing with Bren tune I believe. Basing this on what I have read. could be in error.
    Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Bren as I used this on my 2015 K1300S. The results were very good on this bike. As far as dealer updates and either warranty issues or the updates messing with the Bren tune, I had no issues. Since you save the stock tune in the Bren tuner you can reinstall the stock tune before taking the bike in for service or warranty work and then reinstall the Bren tune later. The Bren tuner is not cheap but it can potencially address more issues than the AF-XIED you used if these issues exist. I used the AF-XIED on my K1300S before going to Bren and it certainly helped and at a much lower cost. That may be all that is necessary on the K1600.