• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

ECU reflash

Afternoon, there is a lot of conversations about Bren tune on the K1600 forum. I have a 2016 and the bren seems to be more about the delayed/less responsive throttle feel that the 2018 and later have do to new program. I have the AF-xied installed on my bike and find it to be an excellent improvement and doesn't require any additional flashes in the future for whatever reason. Have not seen and comparative data to reflect the differences in performance. Just know that there can be issues with the dealer updates messing with Bren tune I believe. Basing this on what I have read. could be in error.

Afternoon, there is a lot of conversations about Bren tune on the K1600 forum. I have a 2016 and the bren seems to be more about the delayed/less responsive throttle feel that the 2018 and later have do to new program. I have the AF-xied installed on my bike and find it to be an excellent improvement and doesn't require any additional flashes in the future for whatever reason. Have not seen and comparative data to reflect the differences in performance. Just know that there can be issues with the dealer updates messing with Bren tune I believe. Basing this on what I have read. could be in error.

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of Bren as I used this on my 2015 K1300S. The results were very good on this bike. As far as dealer updates and either warranty issues or the updates messing with the Bren tune, I had no issues. Since you save the stock tune in the Bren tuner you can reinstall the stock tune before taking the bike in for service or warranty work and then reinstall the Bren tune later. The Bren tuner is not cheap but it can potencially address more issues than the AF-XIED you used if these issues exist. I used the AF-XIED on my K1300S before going to Bren and it certainly helped and at a much lower cost. That may be all that is necessary on the K1600.

Have a tuned M235i

Tune is Bootmod3 which absolutely improved the performance on the car. That having been said, they also make one for the bike. On the bagger, it removes the 105 mph top speed limiter, as it did on my car. Very happy with my Bootmod3 tune. You may want to check them out.

Bren Bootmod3 tune

I have had similar results on my 2016 BMWM235i. Brought the horsepower up from 320 to 360 and the torque from 330 to 430. On the highway, I don't use much more fuel (maybe 1 mpg) and the power is absolutely noticeable . Have considered it for my 1600 in the future though the bike tune is more expensive than the car tune. The only thing negative about the car tune is that when I put it in reverse from park, there is a slight surge. PS the tune removed the top speed limiter. All in all when things settle down in my life, I may well add the tune to the bike. Bought my tune from Extreme Power House and got phenomenal support as I was unable to install the tune myself. A guy named Michael did a screen share with my computer and handled the install for me at no charge. Check them out; they may be running a sale for the bike tune.

Best,

Will

Anybody done a Bren ECU reflash on a 1600 & if so what do you think?

Hi there, i have a 2018 gtl which i recently installed the bren tune, i have a stage 1 and 2 installed in the bike. it has improved the bikes ridability in many ways, i have found that the mid range power on the bike to be the biggest change. not that the bike was a slouch before, i have ran my bike against stock gtl and gt models and there is a very noticable difference. i did add k & n air filter but the exhaust is stock. if you put the bike in dynamic power mode you get the most performance from the bike, even on 91 octane gas, they state that with 93, thats where the max performance would be, but i havent went there yet.
you can opt to remove your rev limiter, which i did not, but did remove the top speed restriction,
hope this answers some questions,

Back