Thread: Auxiliary head lights

Post pictures of your auxiliary headlights

I'm looking at adding either Clearwater or Denali auxiliary headlights. More for safety than for enhanced night lighting.

I see several spots for mounting....fork or caliper mount, engine guard bars, or beneath the side view mirrors.

Experiences and comments greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
    Last edited by brhartw; 05-13-2020 at 02:13 PM.
    '87 K75S sold 94578 vin150106
    '80 1980 R65 Bronco brown sold
    '99 R1100rt Opal Blue sold
    '17 1200RTW Alpine White

You can see the Denali 2's mounted beside the headlights, for this mounting location small lights were a must. I had the Denali 1's before and they claim these are 20% brighter. They are certainly smaller and cleaner. The head lights are Baja Designs Squadron Pro and Cyclops.
    IMG_1915-L.jpg

You can see the cheap Chinese LED's mounted to the crash bars on this bike, if I had the cash I'd love to have a monster set of Clearwaters on there. In the meantime these work very well.
    IMG_1482-L.jpg

I plan to mount some aux lights on my R1100S probably to the brake caliber bolts.
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk

Here's what I did. My riding friends tell me that they are VERY bright. They definitely accomplish the goal of making me more conspicuous viewed from the front. The mount comes from Twisted Throttle. I used a Gen 2 Hex EZCan. The lights are $23 each from eBay, using CREE XHP70 dies. Awesome lights, reliable in all weather for 2 years now.

FrontOn.jpg

Closeup2.jpg

I mounted the Clearwater Darla’s on my forks and replaced The OEM aux lights with Erica’s. I transferred the lights from an older bike. I used the Clearwater can opener. Fantastic lights great customer service and very high quality. The Darla’s are all you really need and with the slip on yellow lens for day time running lights it’s a sweet set up. Just slip off the yellow lens for nighttime riding
    RT is on the right

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really like the BMW light brackets as they are very clean looking mount for lights and don't ever need to be removed for service or front wheel removal.
    Ed Apelian
    Motorcycling is my passion because golf is far too dangerous!
    2018 R1200GS - Light White !
    2016 R1200RT- Platinum Bronze

Auxiliary headlights

Quote Originally Posted by gsinnc View Post
    I really like the BMW light brackets as they are very clean looking mount for lights and don't ever need to be removed for service or front wheel removal.
    2016 R1200RT: Clearwater Sevinas mounted on fairing with Clearwater mounts. Ericas mounted in place of OEM driving lights on factory brackets. All controlled via wonder wheel. Sevinas only come on when brights are on. Ericas run at 25% on low beams and 100% on brights. Yellow lense covers on Ericas really get you noticed by other drivers. I also have a Billy brake light on E369204B-CCE5-4AE8-80D7-8368EAB2C398.jpg (352.1 KB)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dhall View Post
    2016 R1200RT: Clearwater Sevinas mounted on fairing with Clearwater mounts. Ericas mounted in place of OEM driving lights on factory brackets. All controlled via wonder wheel. Sevinas only come on when brights are on. Ericas run at 25% on low beams and 100% on brights. Yellow lense covers on Ericas really get you noticed by other drivers. I also have a Billy brake light on E369204B-CCE5-4AE8-80D7-8368EAB2C398.jpg (352.1 KB)
    Those are really nice looking lights and the installation looks great as well. I will look into their products, thanks for posting.

Just emailed Clearwater asking their thoughts on mounting lights on my 1100S
    http://beerthief.ca
    ITSteve: ride in peace my friend
    save $5 on a new SmugMug account, use this coupon 7frrnSRiTt9Fk