• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Your missed spring ride

ramble

ohbeemer
I try to do the Blue ridge Parkway every April, so hopefully soon will at least do local twists. Any other members missing their usual rides?

We canceled two weeks in the Texas Hill Country.
We usually go every April but my wife had a work conflict and we moved it to May, then the virus happened, so we canceled.

Missing many spring rides, some due to weather, most due to Chinese virus. Typically would have ridden 2500 miles by mid May...less then 250 miles to date. Have 15 plus hours on the lawn tractor.

Bike stayed indoors today due to lake effect snow bands with high winds. May? Seems more like February.

I very much missed the MC show, Daytona, Pecatonica, and will miss Gr3 and Hiawatha.
Covid is of course a factor but life events can change things very quickly as well.
It’s nice to have great memories.

Missing all rides, I've been at work for 4 weeks now and the weather was not bike friendly before I left, when I get home I'll only have 2 weeks which I will have to spend in self isolation and will not be able to leave my property. If the isolation rules stay in place the only rides I'll get will be back and forth to the airport.

Was scheduled to ride the Ozarks again but due to the Wuhan-Chinese virus decided to postpone until Fall.

Joe

I planned a ride to my new dermatologist in Rochester, NY, on May 18th, about 70 miles one way. I couldn't even do that - they called and postponed the appointment to "sometime in July." It was for a skin cancer screening. I've had 8 or 9 basal cell skin cancers so I was surprised they put off this screening. I would have been able to visit my daughter's family in Avon, NY since it is right on the way to the dermatologist's office. I was not happy when they postponed that appointment. And I still don't know when I can get a haircut...

Harry

We were looking forward to the Hill Country Rally in Texas AND especially the 25th Annual Blitz to Branson. Thanks to David E.B. Smith we did get to meet up - on Zoom. But oh, sure missed the rides to and from though the weather with lots of rain and even tornadoes would have been a challenge.

Now, it's just day rides here though Big Bend National Park remains closed.

Voni
sMiling

We haven't had nice enough weather to ride very much. I have been out a few times in the last couple months, but nothing special. As for trips, we had a couple planned, but on hold now. We might do the one run in July out to Beartooth Pass, and Red Lodge, we haven't decided yet.

This COVID crap has really messed up everything! I guess I can't whine too much, other people have had it much worse than I, family sick and perhaps dying, laid off from work, locked up in their homes. I am still employed, Out and about, working four days a week, but my company it paying us our regular wages.

Used to head out each April to the Moonshine Lunch Run, unfortunately 2018 was the last one. Interesting trips all the years I attended, weather was typical spring, it could rain, snow, sleet, or be up in the 70's. One year there was a Polar Vortex which dipped down it was 14 degrees when I left my room in Ohio for last leg home, that afternoon having taken a wrong turn I was stuck in traffic on the GW bridge in NYC and it was 73 degrees. Sharing a quick meal on Saturday morning I met some interesting characters having ridden in from all parts of the country. Great first ride of the season.

Moonshine was always a neat ride. I agree about the sometimes crazy weather. I usually do the Hill Country, Indy 500 time trials, and Pecatonica swap meet. And in a few weeks, add the Springfield Mile to the list.
2020, the year that wasn't.

We haven't had nice enough weather to ride very much. I have been out a few times in the last couple months, but nothing special. As for trips, we had a couple planned, but on hold now. We might do the one run in July out to Beartooth Pass, and Red Lodge, we haven't decided yet.

This COVID crap has really messed up everything! I guess I can't whine too much, other people have had it much worse than I, family sick and perhaps dying, laid off from work, locked up in their homes. I am still employed, Out and about, working four days a week, but my company it paying us our regular wages.

You got that right, here in New Jersey it”s pretty rough seeing 10;000 people die here and over 20000 in New York from the wuhan Chinese virus just one of many they have unleashed on the world. I hope this country cancels the debt we owe them for all this misery. If you’re in a state that has minor breakout I’m happy for u......don”t get lax!

Stay safe
J

I'm retired so generally leave in mid-May and return by Labor Day. So far the national Rally has been canceled, two MOA Getaways I'd signed up for have been moved from spring to fall, several states with people I'd visit on the way don't want out-of-state visitors, and Canada wants a 14-day quarantine before they'll let you in. So I'm stuck doing day trips in my small flat state with lots of straight roads. The best I can do at the moment is take the long way to the grocery store. 130 miles today to get perishables at a store 5 miles away.

Concur; Forced to forego the Fontana Getaway in Apr, and the MOA National was postponed (as well as our sailing to Whittier, AK in May). Other than that, things are pretty much FUBAR'd.

Let's hope we can go for a ride in June and/or July!

CHEERS Y'all, HSV-Phil & HSV-Karen

Made some progress on our Superior She-Shed recently tho!
He-shed on ground level will hold motorcycles; she-shed upstairs will be the Ladies Contemplative Studio.
She-Shed-early-May.jpeg

Back