• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

BMW Street and Adventure Navigator

A6F5D288-C0BD-4F21-8358-73D9144AD270.png

Anyone have experience with these and would you take the street or adventure model?
Thanks

The Adventure appears to be based on the Garmin Montana (or possibly the Oregon). Can't tell the form factor from the pics. Either way, the Montana/Oregon is one tough unit. I've used one for at least 4 years. Good unit. Suffers from "Can't see the screen" malady in bright sunlight. Easy to add memory. Updating the maps is a 2-step process--I have to upload the new map to Basecamp, then use MapInstall to move it to the Garmin. Adds a few minute but not a real hassle.

Of course if I'm wrong about the base unit, these comments won't hold water.

BTW, if it is based on the Montana (bigger screen, more memory than the Dakota), that's a great price!

I'd suggest you also look at Garmin units with similar specs.

The BMW Navigator Street seems to be very similar to the old Zumo 395, while the newer Zumo 396 is available for about $50 less. Unlike the Navigator V and VI, which communicate with the Wonder Wheel on some bikes, all you get for the extra money is the BMW name on the case and opening screen.

Similarly, the Navigator Adventure was based on the now-discontinued Garmin Montana 600. The current Montana 610 can be found for about $425.

Last edited:
Back