Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BMW Production

I must admit I swing by the MOA forums mainly for the laughs
    But you have identified the chief source of my amusement
    Sometimes Iím amazed how quickly and completely threads go off topic around here
    This thread being a prime example
    I suspect the OP learned his lesson
    Never ask for advice or pose a question on an MOA thread
    Because youíll probably get advice you did not seek or answers to questions you didnít ask

Quote Originally Posted by 48012 View Post
    I must admit I swing by the MOA forums mainly for the laughs
    But you have identified the chief source of my amusement
    Sometimes Iím amazed how quickly and completely threads go off topic around here
    This thread being a prime example
    I suspect the OP learned his lesson
    Never ask for advice or pose a question on an MOA thread
    Because youíll probably get advice you did not seek or answers to questions you didnít ask
    The OP was asking when production would resume at BMW motorcycles, and specified the model he/she is hoping to order. Since chinese engines are used in this model, and China has experienced major manufacturing disruptions due to the coronavirus, it is perfectly on topic to mention the country of origin for the engine used in this model, as it may have a bearing on when production will resume every bit as much as what is happening at a BMW factory in Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by vark View Post
    The OP was asking when production would resume at BMW motorcycles, and specified the model he/she is hoping to order. Since chinese engines are used in this model, and China has experienced major manufacturing disruptions due to the coronavirus, it is perfectly on topic to mention the country of origin for the engine used in this model, as it may have a bearing on when production will resume every bit as much as what is happening at a BMW factory in Germany.
    Or, a BMW factory anywhere. I have no clue where final assembly of these models is done. The conversation in the thread highlighted the challenge of asking about production when it could be done in numerous places.
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

The BMW Forum is what it is. BMW riders are an opinionated bunch. Usually well educated and knowledgeable. If you don't want to know how to build a clock - don't ask what time it is - on the BMW Forum.

Sam