• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rider Magazine Print Edition

drgnhtr

drgnhtr
I haven't received either the April or May issues (but did find May on line for free download), no reply to either e mail or phone calls to customer service.

Is there something going on that I missed??

I was wondering, too. With MCN out of business it's my only print magazine left, other than ON. All the kiddies may love reading these things on their phones, but I hate to let go of the "real" thing.

Opinions being subjective, others may feel differently. Feel free, your prerogative.

I was wondering, too. With MCN out of business it's my only print magazine left. All the kiddies may love reading these things on their phones, but I hate to let go of the "real" thing.

I still get my BMW Owners News in print form.

I haven't received either the April or May issues (but did find May on line for free download), no reply to either e mail or phone calls to customer service.

Is there something going on that I missed??

I just received my March issue last week.

I tried contacting Rider via phone, but no reply to my message left at their Customer Service number. Also tried to send them an email per their contact form however, needed my account number to do so. They provide an example of where (postage label) to find and which string of numbers is the account number. However, the letters and numbers on my label do not look like the example, nor did it allow me access when they were inserted. However, I did review the link to May's edition...on page 14 there's brief comment about providing the online magazine, as if this may be the only source for the mag. However, no indication of yes or no on availability of current printed edition or how long this "Free" online will be available. I'm old and miss holding the paper version...hope this isn't a move to all online only Rider.

I'm subscribed through May 2023, and haven't gotten a print, or e-copy in several months. I've sent customer service an e-mail, but got no response. I'm beginning to wonder if they’re going under like Motorcycle Consumer News.

E.

I called Rider customer service last month. They aren’t printing because of the Corona Crap. You can see it on line if you have a subscription. But you have to login to get it. It’s ok but I still miss getting the paper one. Glad the MOA is printing. I am old fashion too and prefer paper over online.

I got a response today from Robin Cooper with Rider Magazine stating that, "Rider April and May did not print due to the COVID-19 outbreak; your subscription will be extended by 2 issues." She also sent a link to the April and May issues.

Hopefully the print edition will be available in June. I too like reading the old fashion way with a book or magazine in my hands. I hope Rider makes it through this pandemic. It's a very good motorcycle magazine.

I'm still feeling the pain of Motorcycle Consumer News going under. :(

E.

I got a response today from Robin Cooper with Rider Magazine stating that, "Rider April and May did not print due to the COVID-19 outbreak; your subscription will be extended by 2 issues." She also sent a link to the April and May issues.

Hopefully the print edition will be available in June. I too like reading the old fashion way with a book or magazine in my hands. I hope Rider makes it through this pandemic. It's a very good motorcycle magazine.

E.

Can you please put that April link on? Thanks!

E.

I likewise prefer the print editions. I started seeing the email with the digital edition links, but just deleted them not realizing that this was a replacement for the print version. I guess I missed the memo. I broke my leg in early May and wasn’t thinking about much else for a few weeks after the surgery.

Do you have the links to the April through July editions? I finally realized I hadn’t seen a print edition for a while and opened the latest digital edition and saw a note to the editor about hoping for the return of the print version and I then realized something was up.

I also did not realize MCN was gone. I miss it as well, but I started missing it before it officially shut down. The last editor they had was a real piece of work. I wrote him a note about one of his editorials and got back one of the nastiest responses I’ve ever received in print. This was over a year ago and I did not renew my subscription after that. I figured if he really felt that way about people who had subscribed to the magazine since the 70s (probably before he was born), I would go elsewhere. Right now Rider and ON are my “go to” magazines so I hope Rider doesn’t disappear, but I understand also the economics of print magazines and it simply isn’t good. I suspect the print version of Rider will be yet another covid response casualty. Hopefully, they can make a go of the digital edition.

I likewise prefer the print editions. I started seeing the email with the digital edition links, but just deleted them not realizing that this was a replacement for the print version. I guess I missed the memo. I broke my leg in early May and wasn’t thinking about much else for a few weeks after the surgery.

Do you have the links to the April through July editions? I finally realized I hadn’t seen a print edition for a while and opened the latest digital edition and saw a note to the editor about hoping for the return of the print version and I then realized something was up.

I also did not realize MCN was gone. I miss it as well, but I started missing it before it officially shut down. The last editor they had was a real piece of work. I wrote him a note about one of his editorials and got back one of the nastiest responses I’ve ever received in print. This was over a year ago and I did not renew my subscription after that. I figured if he really felt that way about people who had subscribed to the magazine since the 70s (probably before he was born), I would go elsewhere. Right now Rider and ON are my “go to” magazines so I hope Rider doesn’t disappear, but I understand also the economics of print magazines and it simply isn’t good. I suspect the print version of Rider will be yet another covid response casualty. Hopefully, they can make a go of the digital edition.

While I, too, prefer the paper versions, the HTML-5 versions are pretty sweet! I like the embedded videos and the links to the ads. I see an ad about something I'd like more info, and (usually) just clicking on it takes me to that advertizer's website. Neat!

While I, too, prefer the paper versions, the HTML-5 versions are pretty sweet! I like the embedded videos and the links to the ads. I see an ad about something I'd like more info, and (usually) just clicking on it takes me to that advertizer's website. Neat!

That’s true. Each medium has its advantages.

Back