• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

2000 k1200 lt not firing, was running 30 min before

norman68

so ,the bike runs great mechanically but I ran 100 yards and it started to hiccup and then died , would not fire, i guessed it was a fuel problem so I changed the fuel filter and being clumsy broke the fitting on the fuel pump so I now have a new fuel pump too, but no spark at the plugs, I am looking for ways to trouble shoot without a moditec computer , any help pointing to existing articles or discussions is welcome , at this point im thinking about relays or something but im just guessing

thank you all ,I know this is a great place with awesome knowledgeable people, sincerely ,Norman68

so ,the bike runs great mechanically but I ran 100 yards and it started to hiccup and then died , would not fire, i guessed it was a fuel problem so I changed the fuel filter and being clumsy broke the fitting on the fuel pump so I now have a new fuel pump too, but no spark at the plugs, I am looking for ways to trouble shoot without a moditec computer , any help pointing to existing articles or discussions is welcome , at this point im thinking about relays or something but im just guessing

thank you all ,I know this is a great place with awesome knowledgeable people, sincerely ,Norman68

So, was the bike in regular use and running normally before this happened? Sounds like you have checked for spark, right?

yes the bike was running great ,I went to visit a friend and 1 hour later started the bike to ride home and 100yards down the road it hiccuped ,bucked a couple times and stopped , it wouldn't start again, so being out away from the dealer and limited funds anyway im trying to repair this myself ,but I cant just keep buying parts and parts and parts ,id love to be able to figure out if its the coil or the hall effect sensor or relay, so ,I know this group has all the answers I need if I can find them LOL, thanks for responding

Bad hall effect wires in junction box

the wires lost their casing inside the junction box , no doubt shorting something , my question is will this have ruined the motronic control unit computer box?

update

so, just to clarify things ,if found the problem was the hall effect wires inside the junction box under the gas tank, the wires lost their factory coatings and jackets and shorted things out. I read about those wires being a problem and sure enough they are. thanks for all your help.

Back