• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Bring-A-Trailer Auction Site

Liaison
Staff member
I recently ran across this site for listing bikes/cars for sale. Had never heard of it before...only a limited mention I could find on the forum. Bring-A-Trailer appears to be an auction site for vintage/rare vehicles. I put in a couple of BMW models and saw there were some nice things available...could be pricey with the auction format.

https://bringatrailer.com/

site has been around for a long time and has a huge following. auctions can be entertaining........especially with the covid lockdown...lots folks sitting at home watching and commenting on auctions.

not a lot of bikes. one or two a day maybe out of the dozens of autions. some other interesting things pop up like airplanes, tow trucks, tanks, trailers, boats...

they have a daily email with list of auctions ending that day and what new is on the block. auctions last 7 days.

If you have the App Flipboard on your phone/tablet, Bring a Trailer is regularly scanned and presented under the various topics you follow.

Among others I follow ...
BMW
Mercedes
Porsche
Motorcycles

... and I get bring-a-trailer auctions under all.

It's a fun site to window-shop for cool stuff you mostly can't afford. I had a car that was more unusual and interesting than expensive listed there once, not auctioned through them but I pretended to be not-the-seller and sent them a tip about the actual sale (hoping to get my sale in front of more eyes) that was posted elsewhere and they ran it. I don't know if they buyer saw it there or elsewhere, but I had no trouble selling the car.

Back