• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Bring-A-Trailer Auction Site

Liaison
Staff member
I recently ran across this site for listing bikes/cars for sale. Had never heard of it before...only a limited mention I could find on the forum. Bring-A-Trailer appears to be an auction site for vintage/rare vehicles. I put in a couple of BMW models and saw there were some nice things available...could be pricey with the auction format.

https://bringatrailer.com/

site has been around for a long time and has a huge following. auctions can be entertaining........especially with the covid lockdown...lots folks sitting at home watching and commenting on auctions.

not a lot of bikes. one or two a day maybe out of the dozens of autions. some other interesting things pop up like airplanes, tow trucks, tanks, trailers, boats...

they have a daily email with list of auctions ending that day and what new is on the block. auctions last 7 days.

If you have the App Flipboard on your phone/tablet, Bring a Trailer is regularly scanned and presented under the various topics you follow.

Among others I follow ...
BMW
Mercedes
Porsche
Motorcycles

... and I get bring-a-trailer auctions under all.

It's a fun site to window-shop for cool stuff you mostly can't afford. I had a car that was more unusual and interesting than expensive listed there once, not auctioned through them but I pretended to be not-the-seller and sent them a tip about the actual sale (hoping to get my sale in front of more eyes) that was posted elsewhere and they ran it. I don't know if they buyer saw it there or elsewhere, but I had no trouble selling the car.

Back