Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: OK, These Plastic Tabs have officially pi$$ed me off...

Quote Originally Posted by BC1100S View Post
    Oh please....

Apparently you guys have never bought Ducati parts.

e.g. Rubber washer that goes under the valve cover securing nuts - $8.41 each. And you need 12. Recommended they be changed every time you check valves. That's 100 bucks just for rubber washers.

I do them every second checkup.
    BC1100S,

For possible future reference, this thread shows the location of the plastic tabs on your R1250RS panels,
    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...t=r1200RS+tabs
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Left Coast Rider
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    ..... this thread shows the location of the plastic tabs on your R1250RS panels,
    https://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread...t=r1200RS+tabs
    Someone needs to post a picture of the sadist who designed this attachment system. Also have him listed on local community message boards in case he moves into your neighbourhood. There's no telling what other horrible crimes this person is capable of.

Someone needs to post a picture of the sadist who designed this attachment system. Also have him listed on local community message boards in case he moves into your neighbourhood. There's no telling what other horrible crimes this person is capable of.
    It was the intern one afternoon during Oktoberfest.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Desktop computer cases have some similar tab in slot arrangements. Of course, computers are disposable items...
    Cave contents: 16 R12RS, 13 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & SawStop PCS175
    1) My expectations are never low enough & 2) Incompetence is infinite ........David Brooks

Most likely he/she is now two or three rungs higher on the corporate ladder with BMW or some other automotive corporation. Resume reads, in part: "Developed innovative mounting system for critical body components on technology leading motorcycle that resulted in a savings in manufacturing costs of 0.021% per unit and an increase in parts sales of 2.54% per unit after initial sale."
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    Most likely he/she is now two or three rungs higher on the corporate ladder with BMW or some other automotive corporation. Resume reads, in part: "Developed innovative mounting system for critical body components on technology leading motorcycle that resulted in a savings in manufacturing costs of 0.021% per unit and an increase in parts sales of 2.54% per unit after initial sale."
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by akbeemer View Post
    FINALLY!! Someone explains it!!!

Thanks,

Guess what?

Desktop computer cases have some similar tab in slot arrangements. Of course, computers are disposable items...

Guess what gang! So is your motorcycle!

BMW doesn't want customers to be like me. I bought one BMW bike in 1984 new and never another. NO! they want people to buy every three years or 36K miles!

Those of us who keep bikes beyond this point are lucky they even make spare parts available at Bite My Wallet prices.

How many of you out there in rider land have found your dealer has cut off working on your bike due to its age?

Sorry, this may be for another thread and may have been discussed on another thread but I will say it anyway. When my local dealer closed due to BMW's boutique dealer upgrade, I was told by the new flagship dealer, "We really don't work on your bike", it is too old and you did not buy it from us".

Build them fast, cheap and sell them for top dollar. NOTHING else matters. St.

My dealer works on /2s and anything newer.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Here's a picture of Bob before he retired.
    Bob.jpg
    Lee
    2016 R1200RS
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes: 2011 K1300S, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Not many years ago, I had a local dealer that put a sign on a K75 or K100 calling it a rare mystery BMW.......

So, dealers range from the ones that work on /2's to those that never heard of the original K-bikes

Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    Not many years ago, I had a local dealer that put a sign on a K75 or K100 calling it a rare mystery BMW.......

So, dealers range from the ones that work on /2's to those that never heard of the original K-bikes
    The sad part is, the dealer probably knew they weren't rare...
    Larry Gregerson; Bend, OR
    MOA #93031

Quote Originally Posted by powwow View Post
    The sad part is, the dealer probably knew they weren't rare...
    I think you're being generous in that assumption......

Quote Originally Posted by STEVENRANKIN View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

How many of you out there in rider land have found your dealer has cut off working on your bike due to its age?
    Yea, the very poor service manager at my local dealer, Northern Colorado Powersports, use to pull this on me ALL THE TIME with my '97 R11RT. He'd always try and make me feel bad about my old bike. He'd say crap like; "you know, those seals are going to dry out and it's going to cost a lot to fix" They weren't drying out. Our he'd say; "you know, they don't even send us notes on those old bikes anymore" or "you can hardly get those parts anymore..." or some other lie.

Hate that place. They're less than 17 miles away, but I go down to BMW of Denver. They're 80 miles away, far nicer people and very respectful of me and my R12RT.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainRyder View Post
    ...poor service manager at my local dealer, Northern Colorado Powersports...
    +1

I keep trying them every few years, hoping for a change in attitude. I tried to buy a new 2018 R1200RT from them, but ended up buying one from Gateway in St. Louis, and riding it home. Saved me the aggravation.