Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ‘18 RT tires

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Stebe View Post
    I now have as many miles on my RA-3's as I had on my PR-4's when I changed them. The RA-3's still track better, ride smoother, grip better on wet roads than the Michelin's ever did, and I'm not sure when I'll need to replace them, but not yet, that's for sure. When I do I'll be looking for another set of Continental's, RA-3 GT.
    This is what I'll use on my 2019 RT when I'm due. I run the Trail Attacks on my GSA and love em'
    Last edited by brorke; 05-26-2020 at 08:35 PM.
    Bill Rorke #200394
    Boiling Springs, SC
    2019 R1250 RT
    2009 R1200 GSA

The Metzlers that came on my 2017 RT were toast at 6,000 miles. I swapped them for Dunlop Roadsmart 3's on the suggestion of the folks at Morton's BMW.

I found them to be quiet and hold their shape well, with minimal front cupping. The RS 3's seem fine to me in the rain and, having a rounder profile than Michelins i used to use regularly, turn in more progressively. They do seem slightly more sensitive to tar snakes than other tires I've used, but it's not a deal breaker for me.

Anticipating a 2,000 mile trip (canceled due to COVID, damn it), I replaced the RS 3's with another set after 9,500 miles wear.

I use Roadsmart 3’s on my ‘16 RT. No problems to report, and happy with how they handle. Daily commute (before Covid) and 800+ mile days across the Great Plains last summer.

I think the acceleration, braking forces, and and the weight of my RT would be hard on any brand of tyre, making the differences in each brand minimal and barely noticeable to me. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by hmfriedman View Post
    The Metzlers that came on my 2017 RT were toast at 6,000 miles. I swapped them for Dunlop Roadsmart 3's on the suggestion of the folks at Morton's BMW.
    I too ride a 2017 RT. Still on my original Metzlers after 17,000 km (> 10,000 miles).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a 2018 RT, stock Meztlers ran about 6,200 miles. The rear had cord showing. The front was good for more miles but was cupping badly, so it went away too.
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    I have a 2018 RT, stock Meztlers ran about 6,200 miles. The rear had cord showing. The front was good for more miles but was cupping badly, so it went away too.
    Interesting. Roadtec Z08?

Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kevinsclo View Post
    Interesting. Roadtec Z08?

Probably, I don't know for certain, but that sounds right. I could go out to the dead tire pile in the corner of the shop and check if you really need to know!
    From the only real Fargo, ND!

Quote Originally Posted by PoorUB View Post
    Probably, I don't know for certain, but that sounds right. I could go out to the dead tire pile in the corner of the shop and check if you really need to know!
    No that’s ok. Don’t want to trouble you. Just curious why the discrepancy of mileage between riders. Maybe I’m just lucky.

Tapatalk

Continental

Quote Originally Posted by lasnin View Post
    I’ve had Metzlers on my 2016 RT since I got the bike, and have always replaced with the like....no complaints from me. I’m going to rock the boat in a couple of weeks and try my first set of Continental Road Attack 3 GT’s and see how I like them this riding season... check back at the end of September.... Ride safe, and watch out for kamikaze deer!!
    Just rode back from Ozzie’s BMW in Chico with my new Conti Road Attack 3 GT’s..... I really like them, felt more grippy and more connected to the road.... my new favorite tires on my RT! YMMV.... ride safe and socially distance! 😎