• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Dealing with bmw customer relations

I am also no expert but I believe that the cam lobes are surface hardened with a quite thin layer. I do know this is true of crankshaft journals. I understand that the entire piece cannot be hardened to this degree because it would make the crankshaft or camshaft too brittle.

Thanks, makes sense. I wonder what the surface rockwell rating is.

It is sad this is even happening on a supposed quality high end Motorcycle.

Makes me really wonder if BMW is worth buying now.

Between stuff like this happening and in my case the dealership nonsense the other guys are looking better.

Why would I buy a BMW when I can buy a Honda for less money and still get the same fit finish and reliability? Answer, I won't. St.

It's been that way for a long time. In the car world, unless the "feel" of a BMW is important to you, a Lexus is a more reliable purchase.

Back