• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

2018 F850GS with NAV VI

PhilStearns

Hello there group....

I need to chat with someone with an F850GS with NAV VI. Mine is a 2018.

On the NAV VI bike info page screen, the one with 20 or so info boxes.....there is one for current fuel consumption. Mine always shows ——, as in blank. The “average” fuel consumption for trip 1 and 2 are ok and sitting at about 48mpg, but the current or instant fuel reading doesn’t work.

Does yours work? Am I missing a setting?

Does your 850 have a option on the dash for current MPG?

My Nav V will show 16 values in one screen.
I'm not interested in current MPG so I don't pick that value as one to display.

Last edited:
My nav vi has those same 16 screens with 28 things to choose.

Next time your on, can you swap one of those to current consumption and see if it works?

I’m looking for 16 “good to know” things to populate the 16.

Thanks if able....

Taking another look at my set up, it appears that “current consumption” is not an option with the TFT display but if the bike had the standard display, it would be an option. Go figure?

Back