• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

scout63

Hello All:

I am a new member in Orleans, on Cape Cod in MA. Longtime BMW owner with presently a 71 R75/5, 80 R100T and 88 K75C as well as a 72 Norton Commando, 78 Yamaha SR500, and a 79 Moto Guzzi G5 under restoration.

I was prompted to join after burning my K75 in a fire yesterday. Rather than fix the bike I want to offer it first gratis to the BMWOA community as it may have either parts or restoration value. I will post this separately.

My best to all and safe riding.

Bob -

Welcome to the forum! You've got quite the list of bikes to be proud of. Sorry to hear about the K75.

You might see that I closed your posting about the give-away of the K75. Generally not allowed on the forum...I will leave the post up for a while and then it will be deleted.

For others that see this, please deal with things offline. Send Bob a PM if needed and conduct your business there.

Thanks!

Welcome under both unusual circumstances and difficult times. I sure hope we can be of assistance and lessen the pain.

We get a lot of introductions from interesting new members... but I don't recall anyone that's hit the Forum on fire like you have!

On a more serious note, you must have one heck of a story to tell. BMW Owners News quality by chance?

If your story has anything to do with motor oil... your going to be a hero around this bunch!

Hello All:

I am a new member in Orleans, on Cape Cod in MA. Longtime BMW owner with presently a 71 R75/5, 80 R100T and 88 K75C as well as a 72 Norton Commando, 78 Yamaha SR500, and a 79 Moto Guzzi G5 under restoration.

I was prompted to join after burning my K75 in a fire yesterday. Rather than fix the bike I want to offer it first gratis to the BMWOA community as it may have either parts or restoration value. I will post this separately.

My best to all and safe riding.
Welcome aboard, I'm over in Dennis. Check out www.yankeebeemers.com Hope to see you around. I also have a Norton.

Welcome from the coast of Kansas. Hope the K75 issue (catastrophe?) works out ok for you. Good luck.

Welcome to the BMW MOA forum!

As others have said, you have a nice selection of bikes, but a nasty loss of your K75C. I'm a big fan of the K75 series and have two myself. One thing a lot of classic K-bike owners don't appreciate is just how dried out and brittle the original fuel lines have become over 30 years, especially the high pressure line feeding the fuel rail. I would say you were lucky with your K75 fire since you were able to get it put out. Several years ago a friend of mine and I were out riding and his K100RS caught on fire at about 70. He got it stopped, buy we were on the open road and it made a great big fire which left a semi-melted engine and transmission, frame, bits of the wheels, and not much else. It make a big impression on me about proactive maintenance of high pressure fuel systems, especially when they are about 18 inches below your inseam!

Back